• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Need Full Service Modder - Future Project

Flashlight Aficionado

Enlightened
I am looking for a one-stop modder. Someone who can do everything on my list and who guarantees their work. I expect the project to be started within six months on my end.

SureFire Host
De-dome an MC-E or P7, use AW IMR18650 LiMN cell and modify electronics to make it work without losing any settings

Make a threaded Strike Bezel out of blackened Stainless Steel
Bore body for 18650 and re-apply protective coating
Replace front lens with Sapphire Glass or UCL
Modify a tailcap (place secondary button on side)
Make a Tailcap Stand (separate base made out of plastic)
Add glow powder/paint

Last edited:

DocD

Enlightened
If posable a hint on what host? the gods of modding are to be working with? and more details of what use and needs might help you secure, 1 modding super god.

Last edited:

Flashlight Aficionado

Enlightened
SureFire

The Tailcap may be a non-issue. But I put it down, because that is probably the most unusual of my modification requirements.

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire U2? Isn't surefire coming up with their own version of a P7 light?
If posable a hint on what host? the gods of modding are to be working with? and more details of what use and needs might help you secure, 1 modding super god.

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire tinkering??? Only one name comes to mind, Milky...You might have to get in line though...

Flashlight Aficionado

Enlightened
Milkyspit doesn't make body parts. I asked.

I don't want to have one modder do one part and a different modder for another. I will if I must.

Also the logistics. Send to one to disassemble. Have him send the bezel to someone else. Do part of the mod, but have to wait to reassemble to fully check stage one. Also more possibilities for things to get lost. I can't afford two SureFires and SureFire doesn't sell parts.

Flashlight Aficionado

Enlightened
bump.gif
Anybody?

How about a modder/coordinator? The only problem with this is that person will have to guarantee the outsourced stuff too.