SF E-series LED drop-in?

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't been able to be on CPF for a while. I recall someone making a drop-in LED module for E-series head but can't find anything about it anymore. Does anyone know if those still exist, if the CPF member is still making them, who it is, etc.?

I have an E2D that I'd like to get working (the bulb blew).

Thanks.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
koala's taking a break IIRC, so you're best bet is probably a WTB in the Custom & Mod B/S/T.

I really like the Rebel towers, but they don't throw very well. Great flood though!

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys! Looks like I'll have to wait a while.

Last edited:

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like my E2D head and don't really want to replace it. Plus I don't want to go thru the trouble of selling my E2D head. I'll keep those taclight heads as an option tho. Thanks.

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
A new bulb will cost you $18.

and +1 on the TLS heads...
I put the 1st Gen TLS head on my E2. 1st Gen had only one output...bright!
It has given my old E2 a new life.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, a new bulb is another option, but I really want an LED for the improved runtimes, selectable outputs, efficiency, and output (tho I prefer incan light, but I can't deny the usefulness of LEDs). I have another E2D head with a custom LED setup that I love, but it was a PITA to complete, so I wasn't hoping for a ready-to-purchase drop-in.

dmz

Enlightened
E2D has a shorter length but with no led drop in option, it's time to get a E2DL.