princeton tech apex mods question

lurcher

Newly Enlightened
Is this LED the one to use to mod a princeton tech apex? Its just that on the thread with MOD explanation the LED is described as a USW0H, not a USW0 as sold by dealextreme. Are a USW0 and a USW0H one and the same?

Also is the only difference between a stock 60 lumen apex and an 80 lumen Apex, the LED? The 60 is slightly cheaper and if i get the same output after the mod, i'll buy the 60 rather than the 80 model

thanks in advance
John

Last edited:

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this LED the one to use to mod a princeton tech apex? Its just that on the thread with MOD explanation the LED is described as a USW0H, not a USW0 as sold by dealextreme. Are a USW0 and a USW0H one and the same?

Also is the only difference between a stock 60 lumen apex and an 80 lumen Apex, the LED? The 60 is slightly cheaper and if i get the same output after the mod, i'll buy the 60 rather than the 80 model

thanks in advance
John

It is the right one:thumbsup:

Sverre

boonsht

Newly Enlightened
I got mine from photonfanatic. He's great. Can't go wrong with him. You can find him in the Dealer's corner at the Marketplace. :twothumbs

Greg G

Enlightened
I recently purchased an Apex and the replacement emitter I put in came from photonfanatic. It was a U2SWOH. Very bright. I also installed an IMS20 reflector too.

Marduke

Flashaholic
So the U2-bin is it a big step up from the standard U-bin?

Not really, they just split the U-bin in half.

SSC has a habit of creating large bin sizes, so they can produce a decent number which falls into the very bottom of their "premium" bin. Since the bin size is large, consumers think they are getting LED's which fall somewhere in the middle of the bin, not realizing it's most likely at the bottom. Once SSC was able to produce better LED's, they wanted to make sure people knew they could get from the top of the U-bin, so they split it.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
if there is already a Seoul (whatever bin!) inside, the difference is not noticeable, not worth the effort.
It might be measureable

If there were a Luxeon, then an emitter swap makes sense

Sorry for being this direct, saves You unnecessary time and work and the chance that anything goes bad (f.e. when opening the housing).

Last edited: