fenix tk11 lens problem

Sonic Blast

Newly Enlightened
I recieved a fenix tk11 flashlight yestarday and it worked really well untill after some use today the lens suddenly became cloudy, its not like condensation it is as if it needs cleaned and looks like glass when you smear your finger prints on it even though the lens has never been touched, however cleaning it has done nothing not even using an e-cloth for class cleaning. could someone please help me i really don't want to have to send it back already.

Sonic Blast

Newly Enlightened
I can't get into the lens as i don't have a tool that can fit in the four holes to open it up. Does anyone know what to use to get it open?

Marduke

Flashaholic
I can't get into the lens as i don't have a tool that can fit in the four holes to open it up. Does anyone know what to use to get it open?

It doesn't take any special tools. You can fully disassemble the light with strap wrenches or leather gloves, and some needle nose pliers

Sonic Blast

Newly Enlightened
The needle nose pliers i have don't fit in any of the holes and can't fit in past through the threads without missing the head comletley as they are not long enough, i tied to use a screwdriver to turn it but it juct doesn't work.

Last edited:

TexLite

Enlightened
Keep in mind you'll void your warranty when you open the light up.

I'd send it back.

-Michael

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I would just send it back. At $80 a pop part of what you are paying for is the customer service from a reputable retailer.

Sonic Blast

Newly Enlightened
Thats a valid point i forgot about the warranty being void, good job the nails didn't work. I emailed the guy at the photonshop and he said just to send it back and he'll replace the head so no more worries as he has always been very helpfull.

By the way if anyone is wanting to order a fenix and lives in the UK go to www.photonshop.co.uk the service i have had for previous lights has always been superb and i would highly recomend it:twothumbs.