How many lumens (estimated) does the RA Twisty 85 Red have on low "RED" mode

cslinger

Enlightened
How many lumens (estimated) does the RA Twisty 85 Red have on low "RED" mode

What kind of run time is to be expected?

I have come back to appreciating a nice low red light for reading at night, preserving night vision and being less harsh then even a low white light to the eyes.

Thanks
Chris

Enzo Morocioli

Enlightened
Re: How many lumens (estimated) does the RA Twisty 85 Red have on low "RED" mode

If I had to give a lumen estimate, I'd say ~2lm.

And you can expect a reasonable 35-37 hours of usable red output on a CR123 Primary cell.

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened
Re: How many lumens (estimated) does the RA Twisty 85 Red have on low "RED" mode

I don't think we've ever had an official answer to this question, have we?

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened

I'm not disagreeing, I would say your estimate is as close as possible.

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just curious about the red (and trying to set my expectations for when my 85-TR arrives) - can you bypass or turn off the red output so you have 3 customizable white levels? Or must you always have the red low and then 2 other customizable white levels...?

Thanks!

Enzo Morocioli

Enlightened

Just curious about the red (and trying to set my expectations for when my 85-TR arrives) - can you bypass or turn off the red output so you have 3 customizable white levels? Or must you always have the red low and then 2 other customizable white levels...?

Thanks!

Absolutely! :)

You can customize all three channels, meaning you can have all white, all red, all dim, all bright, whatever!

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast

Absolutely! :)

You can customize all three channels, meaning you can have all white, all red, all dim, all bright, whatever!

Good to know!

But, as I understand it, red is only available at one set output, correct? It cannot be made brighter...?

Its nice to learn about lights other than surefire ;)

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened

That's correct. It's setup as a level itself, so you can decide where to program it or not have it available at all.

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's correct. It's setup as a level itself, so you can decide where to program it or not have it available at all.

Excellent - thanks dead_nuts for your continued help across the Ra threads :twothumbs

Enzo, thanks as well!

Can't wait for this light!

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast

But, as I understand it, red is only available at one set output, correct? It cannot be made brighter...?

Yes, the red junction is just a 5mm-size junction. Any more than a few mA for extended periods and it will be destroyed.