Anyone seen this light before?

Empath

Flashaholic
If it runs 20 hours on a AAA, it can't have much brightness to it. Was it advertised in spam, or do you already have a business relationship with them?

Size15's

Flashaholic
I got an email (in fact two of the same email) from the "jack" address on that page. If there is any way I can punish this spammer please let me know.

Thanks

Al

Empath

Flashaholic
He's in China, so there's probably little you can do to stop it, other than researching everything upstream from him and fighting with them. Since he's sending from what is probably a legitimate address you could filter the entire domain. He does own the domain, so it's doubtful he can do business without including it somewhere in his headers or the body of his message. Of course he could use a forwarder to hide it, but that would just complicate things for him and make him a bit more vulnerable.

It could be that he's not really trying to sell you a flashlight, but is looking for live active addresses for selling lists. Filtering is about the best thing to do. There's ways of turning his computer life into a living nightmare but it takes time and a lot of effort.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah... gotta love some blatant lies in advertising...

400 lux from something like a nichia that tows 80-100ma in current... Good one...

And if it was an LS, that's an even bigger laugh, because it's alkaline AAA based at 100ma, with supposedly 20 hours RT...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif