Stages of Flasholicism

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
What do you think are the stages? either by your own personal or what you have observed.

for example,
buy dept store light->research lights->find cpf->buy dx lights->demand more quality->get a fenix->want something custom->want the best quality->get a surefire->get bored->buy some dx junk to play around with etc

or

buy dept store flashlight->get hooked want more power->buy thrower->realize thrower is not practical->get some flood->realize super low output is even more practical-> back to dept store output

stuff like that.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope. It is Buy a surefire light. Usually 6P/G2Z/ C2 etc. Then realize the potential and legoization of said lights. which makes you buy really expensive lights and accessories so you can play legos with lights.

Last edited:

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
randomly come across article about SF UB2 Invictus on internet ->
link to CPF ->
do a little bit of reading/research ->
try to figure out why someone would pay $500+ for a McGizmo (?? who's that ??) ->
do a little bit more reading/research ->
buy a McGizmo ->
buy another McGizmo ->
buy another McGizmo ->
buy ANOTHER McGizmo ->
buy a Mac's Custom ->
become broke in the process ->
can't stop browsing CPF :hairpull:

That's how it happened to me anyway.:crazy:

Last edited:

Rossymeister

Enlightened
The Following Were My Circumstances:

-Purchase Surefire E2D Defender At Local Sporting Goods Store.

-Go To Surefire.com And Purchase U2 Ultra.

-Purchase Mag LED 2AA.

-Return Mag LED 2AA

-Purchase A2 Aviator At Local Sporting Goods Store.

-Purchase M6 Guardian At Local Sporting Goods Store.

-Discover CPF

-Purchase 6P And G2 At Local Store

-Purchase L1D,P2D,P3D,L0D,E0,E1 at Brightguy.com.

-Purchase 120P From Brightguy.com.

-Purchase MJP Extreme III From Lighthound.com

-Purchase NDI From Fenix-Store

-Purchase E1B Backup From Sporting Goods Store

-Realize That I Have Too Many Lights.

-Box A Few Un-used Lights And Put Them In the Top Of My Closet.

-Continue On Light Shopping Spree

Last edited:

Rossymeister

Enlightened
what so you have unused lights just sitting? you horrible horrible person.... :shakehead

I Know.

:ohgeez:

Unfortunately, I Have Not Found My Perfect EDC Light Yet. I Am Either Going To Sell The Lights Or Give Them To My Niece and Nephew. I Am Still Debating Whether Or Not They Will Have Any Use For Them. I Dont Think An Ultra High Output Flashlight Is Something For A Young Child.

manoloco

Enlightened
maybe theres a way to find that almost perfect EDC light you are looking for, what are things you are looking for?, and what are the things you have disliked from the ones you have tried?

Rossymeister

Enlightened
maybe theres a way to find that almost perfect EDC light you are looking for, what are things you are looking for?, and what are the things you have disliked from the ones you have tried?

I Will Start A New Thread On The Subject.

I Do Not Want To Hi-Jack This Thread.

alanagnostic

Enlightened
1. Denial...I don't have a problem...the rest of the world is nuts.

2. Anger...Why can't they come out with a new LED already!!!

3. Bargaining..."Honey we really do need a new light...I'll tell you what, you can get another pair of shoes if I get another light.

4. Depression...I can't afford all the lights that I really NEED.

5. Acceptance...I may not find the perfect EDC but I have enough to get me through the apocalypse.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. Buy a cheap light
2. Buy a regular maglite
3. Upgrade the maglite with a NiteIze dropin
4. Get a 3 watt maglite or mag dropin
5. Get a decent regulated flashlight or headlight
6. You discover and buy multilevel flashlights and headlights
7. You buy an quality Inova light
8. You find out that you can no longer find a better light in the store and resort to the Internet
9. You start buying Fenix lights
10. You buy the whole Fenix line
11. You want something brighter and buy an H.I.D.
12. With all these lights, you figure out that batteries cost a fortune. You invest in lots of good rechargeables and chargers.
13. You buy a Surefire 6PL so you have a tough, high quality light that doesn't cost too much.
14. You get a second job to pay for your hobby and take the night shift so you can use your lights.
15. You buy a Surefiire L1 or E1B.
16. You get better dropins for the 6P as well as other legos and accessories.
17. You want more instant on l.e.d. light and buy a Lumapower MPV.
18. You start making hotwire mods. Some can start fires with the beam.
19. You preorder a Surefire UB2.
20. You order large shipments of high power l.e.d.s and make your own lights.
21. You try to take beamshots of your homemade light pointed up at the sky as well as the hotspot on the moon and a plane lands on you.

Flipside

Enlightened
At some point in time, I believe the highest level of Flasholicism would be illustrated by using one's collection as collateral for the purchase of exotic automobiles, yachts, vacation property...

shomie911

Enlightened
At some point in time, I believe the highest level of Flasholicism would be illustrated by using one's collection as collateral for the purchase of exotic automobiles, yachts, vacation property...

:oops:

You've got it all wrong, any flashaholic with that much money wouldn't spend it on cars and boats, they would just commision Surefire to custom make lights for them on a one-off basis. :eek:

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
All I know is that I started with ZERO lights this past June when I stumbled across this forum.

In less than four months I have amassed 9 Surefires, 4 Malkoff dropins, 4 Arc-AAAs, 2 glo-toobs, and assorted SF accessories and tailcaps including my tailcap "holy grail," an SW01.

Perhaps the ultimate purchase (and one that will be tough to top, ever) occurred last night at about 12:30am when paypal was sent for a Spy 007 :rock:

Still trying to figure out the logic of my progression, let alone the distinct stages... :thinking:

All I know is that with the UB2 and UA2 to look forward to, it aint ending anytime soon :thumbsup:

bluecrow76

Enlightened
After hurricane Katrina I bought a handful of CR123 incandescent lights at Sams. I soon realized they go through those expensive little batteries like I go through Blue Bell Ice Cream (The best ice cream in the country!). I then found some Streamlight Twin Task lights at a local shop. It wasn't to long after that I that I found CPF. I did the typical Fenix/Lumapower thing... built a quad head M@G and a bunch of other mods. I just recently bought my first Novatac 120P and started selling off lights I didn't use during the last two hurricanes to friends and neighbors, just so I can upgrade to bigger and better.

It's been such a fun ride so far. I can't imagine how much fun it will be once I get myself out from under all this debt (NOT flashlight related :D) and have some REAL MONEY to spend on lights! :D :D :D

A big thanks to everyone who gives their time to the CPF community and helps move this addiction forward for us all! I envy the ones that make a living off this hobby. :grin2:

bluecrow76

Enlightened
+
googolplex.png
to alanagnostic!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Last edited:

kuksul08

Enlightened
started by making a lantern out of an alarm clock bulb and AA's taped together>buying a mini maglite AA> discovering luxeon :D and buying a cabelas LED light>realizing i can make my own> and waiting on parts :grin2:

I'm afraid though, I'm only in the beginning stages