Lockout tailcaps

silenthunterstudios

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for lockout tailcaps for a black Surefire G3 and Outdoorsman. I would prefer to not pay full MSRP from Surefire, anyone have any suggestions?

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read somewhere here on another thread, that if you tell Surefire you have one that doesn't have a LOTC, they'll send you one for free...the light in the other thread was a G2, but the tailcap should be the same.

I do stand to be corrected, but I do remember reading that thread within the last couple of days. :shrug:

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read somewhere here on another thread, that if you tell Surefire you have one that doesn't have a LOTC, they'll send you one for free...the light in the other thread was a G2, but the tailcap should be the same.

I do stand to be corrected, but I do remember reading that thread within the last couple of days. :shrug:
Well, they didn't in my case, but the LOTC was only US$12 for my pre-LOTC G2. (Purchased in 2004)

Size15's

Flashaholic
I'm not aware of SureFire making any offer to replace a non-LOTC for a LOTC.
Anyway, the Z72 is the LockOut TailCap for the G2-BK (Black)

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the record...I never meant to imply Surefire would send out free LOTCs as replacements for non-LOTCs, I just wanted to let the OP know that it was a possibility. I have no idea whether the person that posted that info actually had a new one sent out by SF for free.

I wish I could find that thread... :sigh:

cfromc

Enlightened
Actually, I believe the G3/G3L uses the same tailcap as the G2Z/G2ZL, which are different than the G2/G2L (they are slightly longer).

Robert

I guess I never noticed. The older non-LOTC are noticably shorter than the newer LOTCs