d10 finger print on lens

vitekboi

Newly Enlightened
I just recieved my d10 q5 this morning and everything looks great. Very fast shipping, thanks 4sevens.

The only thing im wondering about is there is a smudge or finger print on the dome of the led. Would this affect light output? Would I be able to disassemble the led so that I can wipe it off with a micro fiber lens cloth? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would this affect light output? Would I be able to disassemble the led so that I can wipe it off with a micro fiber lens cloth?

Yes, slightly. And no.
(at least not if you want to keep your warranty and don't want to risk breaking something)

Mine's the same way. I've stopped obsessing about it after a while.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Flashlight lessons:

#1) Don't touch the LED dome
#2) Don't touch the reflector
#3) Don't touch either the LED dome or the reflector

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flashlight lessons:

#1) Don't touch the LED dome
#2) Don't touch the reflector
#3) Don't touch either the LED dome or the reflector

Are those intended for the flashlight users or flashlight makers? :D

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are those intended for the flashlight users or flashlight makers? :D

Thanks for the laugh!!!

I bought a RA Twisty...it had a scratch on the reflector. Drives me crazy but doesn't appear to affect the output...still among the cleanest beams I have. Love those Seoul leds.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

The dome (lens) is simply glass,...not a big deal to carefully clean.

Marduke

Flashaholic
+

The dome (lens) is simply glass,...not a big deal to carefully clean.

Not that simple. The Cree has a gummy dome, meaning it rests on a soft silicon interior. It doesn't take much to knock the dome off, which is generally thought of as being bad.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not that simple. The Cree has a gummy dome, meaning it rests on a soft silicon interior. It doesn't take much to knock the dome off, which is generally thought of as being bad.

+

Cree dome is glass,
I'll forward my email from Cree stating its glass (if I still have it) ,.. trust me its glass.

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never mind the material, there's a nice chance you'll damage the bonding and/or the leads if you apply too much pressure in the wrong place. Although gentle swabbing with a Q-tip and some alcohol shouldn't be a problem.

Moot point anyway, since D10's emitter can't be accessed through the front (no bezel). You have to take it completely apart and pull the pill out.

vitekboi

Newly Enlightened
in that case, i'm just going to have to ignore it haha. its still the brightest flashlight i've ever had :twothumbs thanks for the responses