Flicker problem

AKCamper

Newly Enlightened
!!!Help!!! It wont light up

I just got my LumaPower M1 Luma Hunter flashlight in the mail today.
I got it home, eager to fire it up but i ran into a problem.
I installed my batteries positive point first, fresh surefire CR123 batteries and when I hit the button it flickered and would not light.
If i press it about 1/4 of the way down it flickers, I can reproduce this over and over but it will not stay lit.

I took it all apart and cleaned all the threads and all points of contact that i can think of. I still get the same results. If anyone hase any ideas please help

Thank you

AKCamper

Newly Enlightened
I just tryed to turn on my new LumaHunter but when i press the button it will flicker and then that is it, it will not stay lit. I can do this all day and it just keeps doing it.
Please help i am going on a big wilderness trip tomorrow and i would like to be able to use this lite.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Re: !!!Help!!! It wont light up

What about the tailcap?

Maybe the retaining switch is loose.

Try taking a piece of metal and connecting the body if the light directly to the battery(kinda like shorting out the switch). If it still doesn't light, your light is broken.

tobjectpascal

Banned

Sounds like the clicky switch to me. do as he said, use something conductive obviously a screwdriver for example, put the tip of the screwdrive against the negative end of the battery while still touching it simply pull down so it touches the case (bridging) (this is essentially what the clicky switch does when pressed makes a connection / complete circuit) since the case is the Negative end and the Positive is directly connected to the pill's center part. this will make it light up.

if it still does it then the Driver is screwed. if not the clicky switch needs replacing. (you could try tightening up the clicky using a pair of needle nose pliers)

AKCamper

Newly Enlightened

Ok well i cleaned everything and it still did it, so i tryed jumping the battery and bypassing the switch, still the same problem.
Sooooooo i guess my question now is dose anyone know how to get ahold of lumapower for warranty issues. I went to their website and clicked"support" and it dosn't do anything.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sometimes there's a lemon that slips through QC with just about every brand and manufacturer.
If you bought the light directly from Lumapower then you should contact them in their forum in CPF Marketplace. They have their own entire section in the Manufacturer's area.

If you've checked the batteries and removed the switch, cleaned contacts, etc then it could be a bad driver. From your other thread you mentioned that you ordered a Cree Q5 and received a Rebel. Looks like you should get that order straightened out anyway.

The Cree company makes the XR-E emitters Q5 is the flux bin or brightness rating.
Rebel is a product name from the Phillips/ LumiLEDs company. Two different LEDs for sure made by rival companies.

Last edited:

1996alnl

Enlightened

Yep, looks like the driver is faulty. You should have no problem having a new light shipped to you.

Take care

AKCamper

Newly Enlightened

The only problem i thnink i might run into is that I didnt purchase the Light. The parts department of the company i work for orderd the Light through their purchasing company who i beleive purchased it through Battery Junction.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have bought most of my many Lumapower lights directly from them. In the few cases when I needed a warranty replacement I got an excellent service in terms of early answers and new parts shipped quickly. :thumbsup:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well if your company ordered the light let them deal with it. By the way Battery Junction has excellent customer service as well. You can find the BatteryJunction guy, MattK, around here pretty often. PM him in the Marketplace and see what he says.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
AKCamper, I see that while I was writing my answer you had already said that the supplier was BJ. Their service is also outstanding. :cool:

AKCamper

Newly Enlightened
ummm........ I prolly sound like a dork for asking this but how do i find this MattK guy on here?