Battery or Light Problem ????????

JeffW

Newly Enlightened
I recently purchased a WE Angel AA light and I am impressed with the brightness, finish etc. I will admit that I am partial to WE but I am having a problem I can not figure out.

I am using the LRB-AA bateries that I had been using in my Rexlight. The batteries are the 750mh type.

When I use the light for a little while and then turn it off, it will not come back on. I have to take the battery out and drop in the charger for just a second, and then the light will work again. This happens on both of the batteries that I have. What could be happening?

Until I can figure it out, I will not be able to depend on it this week for an upcoming warrant roundup. :mad:

Last edited:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
If these Li-Ions have a protection circuit that could be causing the problem. Such batteries will trigger the protection circuit at a point usually around 2.7 volts under load I think. It keeps the battery from damage caused by over discharging it. Once that circuit is triggered it needs to go on the charger for just a second to reset it. If your batteries are not lasting long or have been damaged somewhat by incorrect charging or use this will likely happen more often. How does the light do with a standard AA battery? If it works fine on that you can almost guarantee the batteries (LRB-AA) have some problem. Since your light runs on standard AA or NiMH also I'd suggest having some of them as a backup and while not as bright on high they will likely give much more consistent light until you can get some better Li-Ions or get your current ones replaced. I believe Wolf-Eyes has had some issues in the past with poor batteries. I'd suggest trying some AW brand batteries (AW is a member here who sells them on CPFM).