Anyone have the WE M90 P7?

Well I guess he hasn't checked in. I did get a chance to play with it a bit yesterday. The construction is very solid, like the other WE lights I've handled. It's a bit larger than I expected (length and diameter), but still quite manageable. About the same as a SureFire M4.

The beam is surprisingly tight and round for a quad-die, it's the only one that I've used in person, but I had expected it to project more of a square. It was a very nice round hotspot, very very bright.

The forward-clicky is a bit hard to press if you want to change modes, it almost requires another hand to stabilize the light, but you could probably get it down with some practice.

The strobe looks like it would be good for signaling, but it's not exactly disorienting. It's actually a bit slower than a Fenix strobe. I guess if it were night time and you got a blast to the face with it you might not care how fast it was strobing, or even if it was strobing at all.

Hope this helps! Maybe he'll add something yet.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
How tight was the beam in comparison to another light? I'm not expecting it to be a thrower, but I'd like it to not be a total flood, either.

How tight was the beam in comparison to another light? I'm not expecting it to be a thrower, but I'd like it to not be a total flood, either.

It's actually quite a good thrower. The beam is much tighter than I imagined, but the reflector is also quite large, so it makes sense.

I had a limited amount of time, so I couldn't get any beamshots, but it's in between a P60L, and an L1 in hotspot size. Coupled with >500lm, it's got a long useful distance. Also, with the output of the LED, the spillbeam is a lot brighter than a single-die.

I didn't have a lot of time to play with it. Hopefully Peewee will post some beamshots.

Last edited:

mickielli15

Newly Enlightened
Hallo there! Yes, I have one M90 P7 ;) . I bought it just few days ago from Liotec (great). About throw: yes, it throws pretty well, but I can say, it throws flood!!! How I mean it? It is very powerful, but not pure thrower. But it throws nice wide beam, so you can see long distance AND WIDE AREA. I love it. By eyes, I can not see big difference between Sniper P7 and M90 P7, but on longer distances Sniper goes to wide flood and M90 P7 is a bit tighter, but with nice flood too. So these two flashlights I LOVE, because for my purposes, are more useful than pure throwers. It lights up WIDE area with huge amount of light. I am planning to write a short review and comparsion of these plus Fenix L2D Q5, but I am very sorry, I am on concert tour across America and have NO time and NO nice dark place at this time. I am finding each day including this night, when I will find some nice place, I will make beamshots for review immediately. But I can recommend it. You will be happy with it. More I will write when I will be ready with beamshots. Take care :)

Last edited: