Question about LSH-Standard

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
When I shine the beam on the wall, I can see a distinctive shadow line that divides the hot spot into two equal hemi-spheres. Is that normal? Almost looks like it might be the wires that connect the led is casting a shadow into the hotspot.

Can anybody explain?

B@rt

Flashaholic
Yup, you're right. the lines you see are the bondwires from the led. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

This is perfectly normal.
Hope this helps,

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
I have two Arcs... a Low Dome Premium and a High Dome Premium, and do not see a bondwire in either of the two beams, even when compared against a wall at 8-10 feet.

I hear folks talking about seeing the bondwire shadow, but after looking over and over at the two beamshots of my Arcs, I still don't see it. Not that I want to see it, but I take it that it varies from one unit to another?

Or perhaps it's time for another eye exam. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Jim

stangster

Newly Enlightened
I have a LSH-S and if you look at a beam shot 15 inches or closer against a white background, you'll see the shadows. Unless of course, yours are defects and they don't show.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
Ahhhhhhh... okay, tried it with my LSL-P and LSH-P at about 15 inches. You're right, I can barely see the bondwire with the LSH-P, but it's almost invisible with the LSL-P. Thought I was missing out on something. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

At any rate, I don't see them during normal use, so whew! No need for another eye exam.

-Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.