ARC6 modes

Rubycon

Newly Enlightened
Does this still have the locator flash that the ARC4/HDS/Novatac lights have? That's a dealbreaker for me if it does not. :mecry:

I downloaded the instructions doc and it just doesn't go into details like I wish it did.

dtsoll

Enlightened
No it doesn't, it also was a dealbreaker for me! For some reason unbeknownst to me, i love a locator flash, hehe. Doug:)

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are talking about the flash that comes on after a week of not being used?

This requires the driver to always be drawing a small amount of current to keep the clock running. One of the improvements in the Arc6 is to reduce "off" current consumption to zero, completely shutting down the system.

peter

Rubycon

Newly Enlightened
You are talking about the flash that comes on after a week of not being used?

This requires the driver to always be drawing a small amount of current to keep the clock running. One of the improvements in the Arc6 is to reduce "off" current consumption to zero, completely shutting down the system.

peter

No actually this was a user settable feature so the light can be found if misplaced. I find it indispensable!

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yeah I forgot, the 1 week flash never made it into a production Arc4. Only my v3 prototype had that feature. The production light did have a standby flash if I recall. This started as soon as the light was shut off and flashed at a very low power continously. It was for helping you find the light at night.

In either case, both features require the microprocessor to be continually powered.

The Arc6 now has a slot for a tritium vial.

peter