is the liteflux lf3 xt already out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new LF3 looks really nice. I like the simple basic design with a touch a knurling. Interesting.

Gatsby

Enlightened
I'm very encouraged by the possibilities this light represents! I REALLY like the appearance - sort of a Novatac meets EX10 meets Jil. Very clean and functional.

Particularly if they redesign the LF5XT bodies to be consistent with this new look they'll have a killer light. It seems to fix some of the issues that the LF5XT had including the losing connection when tailstanding, a really low low (an absolutely essential function for me...), an optional easier to use UI, no sharp bezel, clean design...

I hesitated on the LF5XT due to the appearance mostly - and the low not really being low enough.

This light may finally represent a light small enough and still functional enough to replace my Novatac as my preferred EDC - a light I love but for the too big for CR123 battery size (although it has nothing on an L1 in that regard!).

This one sure deserves this: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

ETA: I took a look at the operation manual. I saw only one tweak I'd make to the UI - the compact user interface is pretty cool, but no memorty mode option. So either have one user selectable option in the compact mode, turn memory on or off, or in the full UI mode have one mode that is 3 mode toggle based (with memory option) rather than all of them being sequential mode switching.

Last edited:

Gatsby

Enlightened
I'm sort of surprised this new light isn't drawing more attention than it is...

It looks really promising although the prototype referenced in the review obviously had some QC issues with the reflector, but supposedly that is being addressed.

When the LF5XT was in schematic stage on a chinese sight there was a lot of buzz - and this light seems to be a significant upgrade in a number of respects.

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am guessing that once there is a writeup by Khoo the excitement will surge. I certainly am excited... Quite excited..

Gatsby

Enlightened
Maybe the mods will merge the older and this thread into one LF3XT thread.

I wonder if Khoo will read these and be considering any feedback on the UI features? LF has in the past been pretty responsive to CPF comments and feedback so it would be cool to provide some before the light gets too far into production.

Burgess

Flashaholic
oh, Wow !

Another nice LiteFlux flashlight !

:)

Really love my LF5XT. :kiss:

How about a 2AA version ?

:whistle:
_

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if Khoo will read these and be considering any feedback on the UI features? LF has in the past been pretty responsive to CPF comments and feedback so it would be cool to provide some before the light gets too far into production.

Looking through the manual for the LF3XT it looks like they already have modified some things in the UI. A couple tweaks to the LF5XT UI and they included a Smart PD style simplified interface. Whether changes make it into the UI for the first run I would be surprised if they don't continue modifying things based on feedback.

Very interesting indeed. :sssh:

LEDdicted

Newly Enlightened
I found some info here on the LF3XT. (translated page) Looks like we should be hearing from Khoo very soon regarding this light!
It is a little fatter than I would have hoped for at 23mm. I am looking forward to some reviews soon.

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
That looks good. I also liked the LF5XT, but I wish it had a way to easily reset the levels back to the default. The HDS / Novatac is also complicated but it can be reset to the default levels relatively easily. If that feature were added to the LF5XT, I'd like it even better than the new LF3XT. The default levels of the LF5XTwere well thought, out like the HDS / Novatac. Even if I did finally get how to program it, I'd probably just leave LF5XT on its default level like I did with my HDS / Novatac.

Gatsby

Enlightened
I keep holding off on some other potential purchases based on the promise of this light - it appears to be moving rather slowly down the production pipeline, however...

Does anyone know anything about potential release date/time?

Status
Not open for further replies.