OT: A game for flashaholics - UPDATE: 2 screenshots

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saw this game for PC users, it's not new but how could i resist a game called "Alone in the Dark 4", the main character has a gun AND a flashlight, the game is full of dark scenes and he has to use his flashlight often. Now if only he could switch flashlights as well as weapons.

If this is deemed to be too off topic, moderators please feel free to delete the entire thread, just had to share this game.

AITD-1.jpg

AITD-2.jpg

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Re: OT: A game for flashaholics

Not really related to Alone In the Dark(I hope the upcoming PS3 version is better) but has anyone notices how bad a beam pattern, how low the output, and how little runtime most of the game lights have even if they are far into the future?

If I was them, I wouldn't bring a defocused 2D incan light with me to battle.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Nice find !

Myself, i still fondly remember the battery powered

Brass Lantern from the first Zork game.

That game was All-Text, and no graphics !

(i can see many of you young folks with puzzled looks)

:thinking::candle:
_

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not really related to Alone In the Dark(I hope the upcoming PS3 version is better) but has anyone notices how bad a beam pattern, how low the output, and how little runtime most of the game lights have even if they are far into the future?

If I was them, I wouldn't bring a defocused 2D incan light with me to battle.

No joke. The flashlight in "Half-Life" sucked! lol

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
the one technology i would like to import from games, is how flashlights recharge on thier own...

Crenshaw

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite game featuring prominent use of flashlights has got to be either Silent Hill 2 or Silent Hill 3. Man, it's totally creepy to hear the strange noises around the corner, and your field of vision is so limited.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is kinda creepy too, playing it for the first time today and its spooky esp when wearing headphones and playin in a darkened room.

Tomcat!

Enlightened
My favorite game featuring prominent use of flashlights has got to be either Silent Hill 2 or Silent Hill 3. Man, it's totally creepy to hear the strange noises around the corner, and your field of vision is so limited.

Must be an early Inova XO! :sick2:

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
On Star Trek: TNG and Star Trek Voyager, the flashlights on those two series look like incandescents; ie. they cast this yellowish, awful, ringy beam. :sick2:

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice find !

Myself, i still fondly remember the battery powered

Brass Lantern from the first Zork game.

That game was All-Text, and no graphics !

(i can see many of you young folks with puzzled looks)

:thinking::candle:
_

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Very good games, spent hours and hours with them. :thumbsup:

-LT

Burgess

Flashaholic
Yep, great game ! :thumbsup:

Myself, i was more interested in finding
a New Battery, rather than more treasure.

;)
_

Flashanator

Flashlight Enthusiast
The flashlight in DOOM 3 & HL 2+ were very average. You can tell all game devs are not flashaholics. :laughing:

Lets see if Alan Wake can give us some realism, since a flashlight plays such a big part in the game.

aw6rh7.jpg

Last edited:

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a beam shot? I really liked the beam from DOOM 3. Now that was a scary game while wearing headphones.

And it's powered by static electricity, self powered for life! Duno if anybody remember the duct tape mod, all the gun light are with tiny hotspot and zero spill, and the developer claims that's what weapon light is like in real life.

Also the game Area 51, the gunlight is actually described as White LED (85 lumens), consider it came out in 2005 it was pretty good on what flashlight technology was at that time.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic

I'm just happy when a game provides my character with any flashlight.

Soooo many games have been ruined for me because my character is placed in complete darkness in certain scenes. And, unlike Reality, it's not as though your character has the option of feeling his way around, in the dark. Check out the screen-shot below. Anyone care to guess what game it's from?

MAFIA, the mission inside the mansion. The little white circle is the "crosshair" for the shotgun my chartacter was holding. :sick2:
thumbnailup9.jpg

Last edited: