Fenix L1T more reliable than the "Digital" version?

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the 1xAA L1T Fenix more reliable than the L2D-CE model?

I've had two "Digital" versions fail on me thus far.. both times apparently the engine failed.

I am afraid to get any more "digital" anything. Here is an example of a failed "Digital" L2D Fenix. Turn it on and just goes crazy. (Yes, the contacts have been cleaned, the batteries are fresh, the tailcap is fine)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIovPVuBHYc

Last edited:

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L1T also has a driver circuit board and can also fail.

See if Fenix will cover it under warranty or MOD it.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, then this is not good at all. It's good in concept but I want reliability. I understand it's replaceable under warranty but a failure in the field is not acceptable.

Don't tell me I have to go to CMG Infinity....

Flic

Enlightened
I for one have yet to have a Fenix light fail on me (regardless of model). I do have an early P1 that has gotten fussy about the battery brand I use, but that is the closest to a failure I have experienced.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I came to the same conclusion:

Surefire 9P (moded with M60 module) next to L2D:

M60_fenix.jpg

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Carry two flashlights. When I go walking in the woods at night, I will not rely on just one light.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I came to that conclusion also, which is why I am looking for a 1xAA lite to complement the Surefire.

It doesn't need to be bright -- in fact, shouldn't be bright, and I don't care for modes. Afraid to get another Fenix this time, will look into "Peak" lites.

Photon Joe

Newly Enlightened
I carry 2 proton pro's and 2 infinity ultras at
all times, none have ever failed.
If one ever does, I am ready.
They are hardly bigger than spare batteries so I figured the fastest reload is a loaded light.

Last edited:

Rossymeister

Enlightened
Have You Seen The Arc AA?

It Really Is A Reliable Light, If You Dont Mind The 5mm LED.

What Type Of Output Are You Looking For In This AA Light?

Is This For Sole Backup Purposes Only?

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, then this is not good at all. It's good in concept but I want reliability. I understand it's replaceable under warranty but a failure in the field is not acceptable.

Don't tell me I have to go to CMG Infinity....

What's wrong with the CMG Infinity? Should meet your low light needs OK.
I also agree that it is necessary to have more than one light.
A two light combo that I like is the 2008 INOVA T2 & the X5.The T2 provides over 100 lumens and a decent amount of throw.The X5 will run for over 5 hours and even longer at low output.The X5 can also use depleted batteries from the T2.Another plus,the tailcaps interchange should one switch fail or become lost while changing batteries.

Bradlee

Enlightened
The driver in my L1T inexplicably failed on me. I never fully trusted it though- I needed to screw the head down pretty hard to get constant High without flickering. Maybe I had a lemon :shrug:.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
The driver in my L1T inexplicably failed on me. I never fully trusted it though- I needed to screw the head down pretty hard to get constant High without flickering. Maybe I had a lemon :shrug:.

Check your battery. The disk that has the two opposed holes. Tighten this down using needle nose pliers.

Bill