removing manufacturers markings

rala

Newly Enlightened
can anyone tell me how to remove the markings from the various chinese ****fire lights without harming the type II finish? on one of my ultrafire c2's, all i had to do was scratch them off with my nail, while with the others, all i got was a sore finger.

Marduke

Flashaholic
If it's printed on, the sugar cube trick should work. If it's laser etched, nothing will take it off. You can try covering it up with a black permanent marker.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are they raised from surface or lower? If raised you can get them off, if lower it's laser burned on so you can't.

rala

Newly Enlightened
Funny thing happened. I went to the market this morning to get milk for my kids' breakfast. Since I was there, I figured I'd get the sugar cubes to try this after work. Well, just got off work and I'm going crazy trying to find the sugar cubes. My wife asks what's wrong, and I tell her that I was 100% sure I bought a box of sugar cubes this morning. She said she never saw it and for me to go ask the kids. I ask my daughter, "no daddy, I didn't see it." I ask my eldest son, "dad what am I gonna do with a box of sugar cubes?" So I ask him where his brother is at and he says that he's laying down on his bed. I go to his room and just as I peek inside, my youngest son says "dad i feel sick. i think i ate too many sugar cubes."