Rebel AAA light...

foxtrot29

Enlightened
sku.12059
Knight EVL Rebel 0080 5-Mode Mini LED Flashlight (1*AAA)

6s98vq.jpg

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12059

Looks like a great deal, and looks like a decent light. According to the manufacturer, they are using a 0100 bin, but who knows if deal extreme is selling an older version.

Manufacturer link:

http://knight-flashlight.com/EVL.html

Anyone have this light? I can't find a single review anywhere.

Last edited:

Rossymeister

Enlightened
The recall was only on emitters produced between a certain date. I cant seem to recall it at the moment.

Ayeaux

Newly Enlightened
I bought a fenix with a rebel 80 in it during the recall period and have had no problems with it. I am unsure if the LED was manufactured during the recall period. Of course it was from fenix store, so I wasn't worried too much if it quit working.

If I remember correctly, it was because of failures to about 15-20% of the LEDs after 24 hours of use. So, if you get a recalled LED you'd have an 80% or better chance of having no problems. It depends on if you are a glass half full or glass half empty kind of person

Last edited:

foxtrot29

Enlightened
Interesting. Either way, I imagine the chance that this light has the recalled emitter is high, since it's being sold by dealextreme at such a cheap price.

It is indeed a very nice light IMHO.

Anto

Enlightened
Wow

if this is the real deal then it's a good value compared to a LOD hybrid, which costs about $60

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a fenix with a rebel 80 in it during the recall period and have had no problems with it. I am unsure if the LED was manufactured during the recall period. Of course it was from fenix store, so I wasn't worried too much if it quit working.

If I remember correctly, it was because of failures to about 15-20% of the LEDs after 24 hours of use. So, if you get a recalled LED you'd have an 80% or better chance of having no problems. It depends on if you are a glass half full or glass half empty kind of person

Well, maybe glass 80% full/glass 20% empty.