Another JetBeam's product ?

cheetokhan

Enlightened
It's a nice looking light, but when lights get over $50, I expect them to come from a reputable dealer with a decent warranty.
I'll be more interested when the manufacturer joins the Market Place forum and says howdy.:D

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
If this isn't already assumed, no, it's a new company, Hermes.

and BTW, the ones at DX has several suspicious inconsistencies with the reviewed light, which is from the manufacturer.

cheetokhan and dealgrabber - then how will any new companies enter the business? :grin2: But I agree with you - I do expect a warranty, and I wait for reviews of the new brands.

liquidsix

Enlightened
At that price, wouldn't you just get a real JetBeam Jet III Pro instead?

That's what I said!

Is this another case of the factory, who handled the manufacturing for jetbeam, turning around and selling jetbeam's design and use of their molds to someone else?

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did my eyes deceive me??? Look at the runtime graphs!

That hermes appears to throw a lot better, has a lower minimum and runs for THREE hours at max??? I normally trust the reviews on www;light-reviews.com but this time i just gotta ask.

If those figures are true, then i gotta get me one of those.

4Pigs

Newly Enlightened

That hermes appears to throw a lot better, has a lower minimum and runs for THREE hours at max??? I normally trust the reviews on www;light-reviews.com but this time i just gotta ask.

Take a look at the beamshot from DX, that seems to be a flood light....

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, but it isn't regulated. Hook up an 18650 to an LED and you'll get that output graph. Not too amazing IMHO.

Take a look at the beamshot from DX, that seems to be a flood light....

that is a common side-effect of overexposing the shots. The shots at light-reviews.com illustrate the beam pattern better.

Besides, remember what I said about the DX Hermes lights...

metawaffle

Newly Enlightened

It's not the same nice flat regulation that the JetBeam has, though. Even so, that runtime seems quite something. I wonder if it's as bright (at least to begin with)?

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
It appears to have the same IBS UI as the Jetbeams, I'm actually quite attracted to it but have some misgivings about ordering it due to the concerns that i have seen raised here.

1996alnl

Enlightened
They say immitation is the most sincere form of flattery...yeah well that's okay i'll pass.:thumbsdow

Take care