cant deside fenix P3D q5.. dont understand features

autobee

Newly Enlightened
b4 I order one.. the 6 positions how do u set them?

do I turn the front to a setting then just push the button to turn light on?

or do I have to keep pushing button each time to a setting I like? which can be a pain I would think?

also if i just push the button a bit will it give me light just while i am holding button.. instead of clicking it fully.. example if I just want light for 1 second and not more.

really like the p3d because of shape. and q5 because it the top of the line in psd series

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
You've joined this month, and it's your first post so: :welcome:
It's not my favourite UI but here's how it works: With the head untightened, the light is in the normal mode - One click is low, another click is medium, another click is high, another click is S.O.S. This is a reverse clicky, so no momentary. If you push the clicky in, it will only light up when you release the switch.

If you want the Turbo mode, you tighten the head and the light will go to max output. If you push the clicky whilst in turbo mode, you will get strobe. If you untighten the head, whilst on, you will go back to low.
It doesn't remember what mode you were on before you tighten the head.

That's it, lots of button pushing I agree but a good light for the money....

jr/

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The bezel has two positions, "Turbo" (tightened) and "General" (loosened). Under each position are the following modes:

Turbo:
-Turbo, 215 lumens
-Strobe

General:
-Low, 12 lumens
-Medium, 53 lumens
-High, 120 lumens
-SOS

So if you have the bezel loosened and you click the light on, it will come on in Low/12 lumen mode. A soft-press (pressing the button halfway, not until it clicks) will advance you to the next mode, Medium/53 lumens, soft-press again to High/120 lumens, and so on. And at any time you can tighten the bezel to go to Turbo/215 lumen mode (or leave the bezel tightened so it starts there when you turn it on).

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like that you can start in in either high or low with just one click.

Sharpy_swe

Enlightened
The Fenix UI may sound complicated but in reality it's really easy to learn and use in ''real-life'' situations.

Taboot

Enlightened
The Fenix UI may sound complicated but in reality it's really easy to learn and use in ''real-life'' situations.

+1 - I'm not a fan of complex UIs, but I have never had an issue getting what I want from my P3D. It's simple and it does what you expect it to do every time.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
It's not that hard to use and the other members described it pretty well. I'm pretty much repeating what they said.

Tighten Bezel = Turbo mode.
Loosen Bezel = Normal mode.

Click on and it starts on the first mode of the group, either Turbo or Low, a quick on-off-on cycle, either click the switch quickly or tap the reverse clickie(both are the same to the circuit) will switch to the next mode. In Turbo mode this means turbo(tap) strobe(tap) turbo(tap) strobe so on. Normal mode it means low(tap) medium(tap) high(tap) SOS(tap) low(tap) Medium(tap) high(tap) SOS(tap) and so on.

A full click is always off.

If you leave the light off for more then 2 seconds, it resets to the first mode of the group.

:welcome: