Head strap / holder for 1xAA lights?

Hellbore

Enlightened
Hi, any suggestions for a good system to hold a small 1xAA flashlight on my head to use as a headlamp?

I have a Jetbeam C-LE and the outside diameter is pretty close to the same as a mini-Maglite, but of course the light is much shorter. Maybe there's something designed for mini-Maglites that would work?

Any suggestions? I have seen a couple products such as Jackstrap and some Nite-Ize strap, but I don't know which are good, if any, or if there are better products out there.

I would rather get a Zebralight but they are too expensive for me right now.

Sarratt

Enlightened

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The problem with the Nite Ize strap is it never points inline with your eyes. I've got a big melon and the hotspot is always off center. This is a PITA when working on something directly in front of you.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
The problem with the Nite Ize strap is it never points inline with your eyes. I've got a big melon and the hotspot is always off center. This is a PITA when working on something directly in front of you.

Can't you just wear it crooked perhaps a little? So the light points in the right direction?

Would it be better with a more floody light like an E01?

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Jakstrap will work the best. There are two models. One has two elastic loops. One loop points the light straight forward and one points it down at an angle. The other model has one loop that keeps the light lined up with your eyes' line of sight. Both headbands are elastic and wider than a NiteIze headband. The NiteIze band is nylon so it slips and doesn't stay on as easy. The NiteIze headband only has two loops, both aimed straight forward. If you try to angle it on your head in any way to aim it down, it falls off your head.