How Fenix p3dq5 compares to SF E2dl?

milox

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I have Sf e2dl, but i'm looking for something smaller and cheaper , i'm interested in fenix p3d q5 model, but i never handled one.
How does p3dq5 compares to ed2l in beam quality and throw?
I know one is rated 215 lumens in turbo mode, and the e2dl is 120 SF lumens,
I know these are diffrent lumens, so which one is brighter.
Thanks.

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, I have Sf e2dl, but i'm looking for something smaller and cheaper , i'm interested in fenix p3d q5 model, but i never handled one.
How does p3dq5 compares to ed2l in beam quality and throw?
I know one is rated 215 lumens in turbo mode, and the e2dl is 120 SF lumens,
I know these are diffrent lumens, so which one is brighter.
Thanks.

There are good chance that the E2DL will be brighter than the P3D. I don't have a P5D Q5 but I have the E2DL and this little thing is BRIGHT! Actually, it's my brightest LED light, clearly outshining, by a great margin, a Wolf-Eyes lights I have, rated at 170 lumens. As for the beam quality, the P3D (I compare with the L2D I have) and the E2DL have completely different beams. The E2DL has an optic desined for maximum light transmission, and also for throw. You'll get a brighter hotspot than most comparable (in term of brightness) LED lights but a dimmer sidespill, but still useful. Personnally, I love the optic SF put in their CREE based flashlights but some hate it.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The Surefire will have more throw due to the optic they use.

Output wise they should be similar to the eye.

Beam quality, there might be a slight ring around the hotspot due to the Cree XR-E LED but besides that it seems like a pretty good beam pattern(there are many beamshots of the light around here). It should have a brighter spill then the E2DL.