Building a LED regulator into a dummy battery

Matt

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, whilst trying to work out how to mod a 4xAA light yesterday it dawned on me that I could pontentially drop one AA from the design and go from a resistor current controlled setup (as it currently is) to a regulated system but there wasn't enough space to do it. With some creative re-wiring I could potentially hard wire a dummy AA with a regulator in it, leaving room for the 3XAA to be changed at will, leaving everything else in place. :tinfoil:

Is that completely mad? Has anyone else done somthing similar? I'm strugging to find a regulator that will fit at the moment, all the ones I've seen tend to be circular, for torches! :whistle:

22mmx19mm is the smallest I've found so far :ohgeez:.

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all, whilst trying to work out how to mod a 4xAA light yesterday it dawned on me that I could pontentially drop one AA from the design and go from a resistor current controlled setup (as it currently is) to a regulated system but there wasn't enough space to do it. With some creative re-wiring I could potentially hard wire a dummy AA with a regulator in it, leaving room for the 3XAA to be changed at will, leaving everything else in place. :tinfoil:

Is that completely mad? Has anyone else done somthing similar? I'm strugging to find a regulator that will fit at the moment, all the ones I've seen tend to be circular, for torches! :whistle:

22mmx19mm is the smallest I've found so far :ohgeez:.

10.5mm mini flupic at the Sanwich Shoppe