Beamshots ,throw videos etc of Led Lenser P3,P6,P7,P14 and Fenix L0D

Art

Enlightened
Hi,
Im a noob here but always liked flashlights.Found out recently the power of the new leds avaible so ended up buying some torches.
Lined them all up and did a small test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO2xiCOb97k

Will put some fotos later and would be nice if you can help me how to make a good review of all the flashlights.

BTW , from where the camera is standing to the wall its 15meters more less.

Its just missing there my new Led Lenser P7 :twothumbs

Regards,

Last edited:

Art

Enlightened
Re: Small test of all my led flashlights

It must really be a bad test for so many answers :thinking:

Well , here are the fotos.

All of them together:
MyLeds.JPG

3 of the 5 L0Ds I had here... the one with the PQI pen drive is my EDC :D

3L0Ds.JPG

Detail of the L0D logo:

DetL0D.JPG

Detail of the P3 logo:

DetP3.JPG

P3 , P6 and L0D together... didnt take any pictures with the P14 cus it would make the other beams dissapear :laughing:

P3P6L0D.JPG

The P14 with focus lens to "open" :

P141.JPG

And in "throw" mode :D... I had to change camera setting to do this foto or it would appear too much light.

P142.JPG

Now my review about the torches.
L0D is without doubt the best EDC and more then enought light to see anything within a range of 10 to 15 meters.
P3 has a good optic but the light is not that strong , guess it uses a nitcha led(I think its this) but still a good EDC as it uses also a AAA.
P6 is rated ate 80lumens but with that optic it clearly seems to have more light especialy when you focus the lens.
P14 is a 400g light so not a EDC and not very good to carry around but the light it has its crazy! :bow: It actually throws a beem to nearly 300meters.
All this led lenser have clicky swichts but only the P14 has a primary mode in low a then to high.. having also a turbo mode for more 30% (230lumens?).

The P7 will arrive this week and I already have an order for the new P5R that will use a 3.7 li-ion to put out 200lumens with this very nice optic system :devil:

Hope to have some opinions from the pros here.

Regards,

Last edited:

SureAddicted

Enlightened

Nice collection you have there Art. The P14 is one helluva light. I'd like to see beamshots if you can manage it. The turbo mode you refer to, it's actually momentary mode where you get max lumens, then you have high and low. On the video, seeing the P14 light up the room is awesome.
Great review and keep it up

Art

Enlightened

Nice collection you have there Art. The P14 is one helluva light. I'd like to see beamshots if you can manage it. The turbo mode you refer to, it's actually momentary mode where you get max lumens, then you have high and low. On the video, seeing the P14 light up the room is awesome.
Great review and keep it up

Will let the P7 arrive and then do a beam shot like you guys do here :twothumbs

The turbo mode is momentary because you have to keep the switch on... so in high mode you click and keep your finger there and more 30%...not very easy to notice the diference but at least 15% more is there :D
Personaly I would perfer something like the L0D... medium , low and high(turbo mode) but its still ok. The low mode in the P14 is like 25-40 lumens enought for some think cus if you go into high in something close its worse then no light cus you simply can see for the next 10s till your eyes get use to it :ohgeez:

BTW , I also tested my 15year old MAG Solitaire and the camera doesnt even capture any light :candle: Still was my m8 in work for all this years (im a computer technician and automotive software and hardware tuner) and all this "addiction" came when I needed a substitute for the Solitaire and found the L0D... then came all the others :naughty:
Actually 1h ago I used the L0D to take a cars ECU without any problem...I could see everything so clear where the MAG was a help the L0D makes is simple :twothumbs

Will post more tests this week.

Regards,

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast

Howdy Art, and welcome to CPF,
Yes, you've certainly got the flashlight bug. I'll look forward to seeing more of your photos and videos in the future. Enjoy your new lights....... they do make seeing in those nooks and crannies much easier.

Art

Enlightened

Thanks for the replys ;)

I also did some fotos of the L0D vs MAG Solitaire that I posted on another topic but will repost here later.

Im now using nimh AAA in the L0D and its seems to last very long but I keep a spare duracell in the pocket.

P7 arrives tomorrow :D

Regards,

Art

Enlightened

P7 arrived... and wow!
Best power for the size I have here , nearly the power of the P14 and half the size.
Its my new EDC... will give the P6 to my dad hehe.

Later will try to do some beamshots.

Regards,

Sarratt

Enlightened
Re: Small test of all my led flashlights(Led Lenser P3,P6,P7,P14 and Fenix L0D)

Thanks for the reviews Art.

If possible could you compare the 'throw' of the P7 with the 'throw' of the P14?

I await your opinion

:popcorn:

Art

Enlightened

Thanks for the reviews Art.

If possible could you compare the 'throw' of the P7 with the 'throw' of the P14?

I await your opinion

:popcorn:

Thanks.

I allready tested both and the P14 has more throw but the difference is not that big, so clearly the P7 is the best buy for the size.

Will try to do the beam shots later.

Regards,

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast

LL P7 received this morning together with a free P3. First impression is WOW even if it is 12 noon here. :grin2:

I will surely know more tomorrow after a night out and about. :cool:

Art

Enlightened

LL P7 received this morning together with a free P3. First impression is WOW even if it is 12 noon here. :grin2:

I will surely know more tomorrow after a night out and about. :cool:

You will be impressed with the throw and power.
Yesterday tested it in the woods and there was a bit of road there and then left turn... from where I was standing it was like 100 to 150mts and with the "small" P7 I could see all the road :naughty:

I have here the beamshots but guess Im still a noob cus I dont like them that much... but I think it will be enought for a good comparison.

Regards,

Art

Enlightened

Finall the beamshots! :naughty:

Hope the arent as bad as I think ,but it was late and I had not much time.

So , first beamshot is the P6 ,P7 and P14... this is all in high with new alkalines.
This is like 30-40cm of the wall (should I have done it closer or far?)

BST1.JPG

P6 , L0D on high and the P3

BST2.JPG

Throw at a white wall at 10 to 12meters

BST3.JPG

Clearl the P14 has more throw , but at this distance I prefere the P6 or the P7...
Here is the P6 vs P7

BST4.JPG

So thats m review for now.

My EDCs are the L0D (always in m pocket) and the P7 and m laptops bag :twothumbs

Regards,

jupello

Enlightened

Heh, you seem to have pretty nice collection of Led Lenser's there, thanks for the pictures. :twothumbs
It seems that P6 cannot focus the light in throw mode as tightly as P7 & P14.. so I have really hard time deciding which one to get. P6 lacks power&modes, P7 uses annoying battery type and P14 might be little too big (I think).
If you are still taking more pictures at some point, one with all the lights standing side by side might be interesting to see for size comparison..

Art

Enlightened

Heh, you seem to have pretty nice collection of Led Lenser's there, thanks for the pictures. :twothumbs
It seems that P6 cannot focus the light in throw mode as tightly as P7 & P14.. so I have really hard time deciding which one to get. P6 lacks power&modes, P7 uses annoying battery type and P14 might be little too big (I think).
If you are still taking more pictures at some point, one with all the lights standing side by side might be interesting to see for size comparison..

The P7 uses 4 AAAs... what is the problem with them? I get 8 alkaline for 2,5€ here in portugal... or 15€ for a pack of 4 NiMh 1000mah with charger :thinking:

The P6 is good for max of 50mts and was my first light so the first "wow" I got with led lights.But the lense is probably too small to have a nive throw.
The P14 has a very big lense so thats way you can see light in bluidings from like 300mts away :D
The P7 is more less in the middle but more to the side of the P14

I can take a pic of the P6 P7 and L0D just give a minute ;)

Regards,

Art

Enlightened

Here is a pic:

MyLeds2.JPG

Sarratt

Enlightened

Very nice photos thank you!

I think what jupello meant about annoying battery type for the P7 was just the lack of power (run-time) that the 4aaa would have compared to the 4AA in the P14. ( ? )

The larger lens on the P14 looks better for throw also but your photo makes the beam quite yellow --- is that correct?

Art

Enlightened

Very nice photos thank you!

I think what jupello meant about annoying battery type for the P7 was just the lack of power (run-time) that the 4aaa would have compared to the 4AA in the P14. ( ? )

The larger lens on the P14 looks better for throw also but your photo makes the beam quite yellow --- is that correct?

Its not yellow its probably the white wall thats not that white and the P14 seems to have more of that greenish light around the beam at lower distances and in a white(but old) wall it does that.
In the 10meter beamshot you can see the P14 has a very strong white center spot (you call it the hot spot?) and the P6 is completly "open" and the P7 is starting to lose the light "concentration". (hope you can understand what I meen).

About the AAA vs AA ... if you put some NiMh on both you will have like 1000mah x 4 vs 2800mah x 4... clearly the P14 will win in run time but what would you do for the P7 to have more runtime? Put some rare and high priced CR123 in?

BTW , do you think its possible to use some 3,7v 10440 li-ion on the P7? I will buy some for the L0D but I dont know if the P7 will go :poof:

Regards,

jupello

Enlightened

I bet it would go :poof: with those LI-Ion's :grin2:

And thanks for the picture again :)
I just dislike the idea of putting whole 4-pack of AAA batteries inside one flashlight when 2xAA's could hold the same capacity.. 2xAA would be easier to handle too, cheaper and they make the light's shape more appealing to me. But unfortunately in this case P7 seems to perform a lot better than P6 so I must at least consider getting along with the 4xAAA format. And sure, CR123's would be very appealing but I still think that they're still too pricey and rare to be used in flashlights :huh:

Last edited: