EagleTac questions

LedZep

Newly Enlightened
Hi all -
Anyone know the out-the-front lumens of the T10L? EagleTac claims 255 at the emitter, but Light-Reviews test shows output identical to the T10C2 which has 295 at the emitter. Also, the P10C2 is rated 295 but output looks lower than both of them. I realize there is always some variation between individual lights of the same model, and reflector design matters also, but it doesn't seem to add up. Does anyone have any combination of these and can give some comparison information? Most helpful would be for use outdoors. Thanks in advance for any help - much appreciated! :)

LedZep

Newly Enlightened
I know somebody out there has got to have at least two of these! :anyone

Lookin4U

Newly Enlightened
I have a T10C2 that has become my primary duty light. It is incredibly bright with a large hot spot and huge, bright spill. I have no way to measure the output but it visibly puts out more lumens than all of my other lights (Surefires, Streamlights, Olights, Fenixes, Nitecores, Pelicans, Inovas, etc.), other than my HIDs and high-end SSC P7s (throws further than P7s).
The measurement on light-reviews measures the lux of the hot spot and spill, but you have to consider that both of these are larger than other comparable lights, i.e. Deerelight DBS hot spot has higher lux in a smaller hotspot, but is not actually putting out as much total light. The different beam shape of the P10C2 will account for a different lux measurement.
As LEO, I need both throw and spill. No other light is even comparable to the Eagletac for doing both, and doing them well. I don't mean it's a compromise. I mean it throws right up there with dedicated throwers AND it floods with the best tactical flood lights. I will soon be getting a T10L, and if it is as bright as the T10C2, I'll be in heaven!

LedZep

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Lookin4U -
very good description - just the kind of info I was looking for that I never saw anywhere! Nice light! :thumbsup:

Butch003

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Lookin4U -
very good description - just the kind of info I was looking for that I never saw anywhere! Nice light! :thumbsup:

I also thank you, Lookin4U. I just placed an order for a T10C2 thru the Eagle Tac Store. Forum discount and free shipping made it that much sweeter.

insanefred

Enlightened
Hi all -
Anyone know the out-the-front lumens of the T10L? EagleTac claims 255 at the emitter, but Light-Reviews test shows output identical to the T10C2 which has 295 at the emitter. Also, the P10C2 is rated 295 but output looks lower than both of them. I realize there is always some variation between individual lights of the same model, and reflector design matters also, but it doesn't seem to add up. Does anyone have any combination of these and can give some comparison information? Most helpful would be for use outdoors. Thanks in advance for any help - much appreciated! :)

I am curious too!

LedZep

Newly Enlightened
Thanks MrGman -
Side by side, would the T10C2 be as much brighter than the P10A2 as the lumens numbers would indicate or is the 'real world' impression actually closer? I know you need a large increase in output for the eye to distinguish a real difference.

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes the T10C2 is noticeably brigher than the P10A2. Its noticeably brighter side by side to the Fenix T1 which is 225 lumens out, its in the video that is part of that thread. the additional brightness is mostly in the spill pattern, not the hot spot to the T1 probably some both hot spot and spill to the P10A2.

GTi474

Newly Enlightened
Also an LEO, I have to say I am really impressed by the T10C2. I have been a Streamlight, Surefire fanatic forever, and the Eagletac really changed my mind. As my fellow LEO said above, in our world you need both throw and spill. This one has both in spades. I use the low output mode for vehicle searches, and "routine" tasks. The High output mode is for everything else, Entry, building searches, K9 tracks, etc. I have a ROP that I used to carry for macro searches and the like, and now, with the Eagletac, it stays in the car. I found that I can pretty much use this light for anything and everything. Its a pity that it hasn't been picked up in the mainstream Cop magazines and such. Galls even had a listing for the ASP LED at 135 lumens in their last catalog billing it as the "brightest output of any LED." Rubbish.