Replacing JETBeam Mk II LED

Packet-Storm

Newly Enlightened
I have an older Mk II JETBeam flashlight. This thing has run great for a few years now. I did notice however that the light is not nearly as bright as it was when I first got it.

My Dad gave me and my brother-in-law lights on the same day. I have mine on my belt all the time and use it every day for various household tasks. On my last trip over to visit family, I compared the output of our two lights. His light is much brighter than mine. I found out that he doesn't use his much (just on his yearly camping trip).

That brings me to the question... how can I upgrade the LED module on my light? Are these the same module that comes with the Ultrafire C3? They look very similar, but I'm new to the modding and have not a clue. I don't see any modules for sale on the JETBeam website.

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should first see if you can get the existing module out before looking for a replacement. Most of them are glued in so tight that they get destroyed trying to remove them.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
That brings me to the question... how can I upgrade the LED module on my light? Are these the same module that comes with the Ultrafire C3?

That's a good question, i'll head home after work and see if the head of the Ultrafire C3 fits on the Jetbeam and let you know. I'm totally handicapped when it comes to modding, take things apart and always there's one little tiny widget, gizmo, doohickey that is left over when i put it back together (or try to) and whatever i take apart doesn't work anymore :crackup:

I own a Jetbeam Jet I Mk II as well, lovely light and so handy but having gotten a Jet III Pro ST, i'm contemplating giving it away and getting a Jet I with IBS, so much more versatile.