toologic SL1M?

83Venture

Enlightened
If I remember correctly some people reported that one of the versions of that knife would take an ARC AAA light also. The light just pulls out.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
One of my favorite sites outside of CPF used to have a reviews section. Tested out all types of great products. Including Wolf-Eyes and Surefire flashlights. But that was before the site was "upgraded." :rolleyes:

Reviews section has turned into blatant advertising for cheap junk promoted as quality products. But before the upgrade, the Toologic SL1M was reviewed. As I recall, Toologic stated that one could substitute a Maglite Solitaire for the included light that came with the tool. Not sure why that was an advertising point. Perhaps the Solitaire's bulbs are easier to replace or the use of a AAA cell was seen as a better idea.

Turns out, a Solitaire is actually too wide to fit.

From the rest of the review, the tool was found to be of decent quality; but nothing particularly outstanding. A handy item to keep in a BOB or emergency kit, but a bit overpriced.

Last edited:

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
IIRC it was available at one point w/o the light and you could put in your own. I think I remember someone putting an Arc AAA in it but I don't know if the had to mod it to do it.

-LT