Just got a new E1L....I like it alot.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just came today, got it from someone at the marketplace. As usual, its clear that Surefire is underestimating the output levels. Low is definetly more than 3 lumens. High is certainly a tad more than 45, I'd say 55, maybe 60. Looks like a great all around light. Now if I could just get an E1B clip for it, that would be perfect. I'll take it outside when it gets dark. But so far I'm impressed with it.

manoloco

Enlightened
Get a 4th gen KL1 head and mod it to use a SCC P4, you are going to love it, if you want a floody beam take out the optics and put a McR20s on it.

that head is extremely versatile, takes up to 9V (so you can use 2 X cr123 cell body with it too) pulls 500ma, safe to use rechargeables with too.

you will lose the 2 mode interface the KX1 has, but you can get a 2 stage McE2s switch and have 2 modes with the L1 UI

i have one like that and i really really like it, puts out around 3 lumens on low and 90 on high, maybe a bit more, cant say for sure, its like an E1L / L1 hybrid.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
An interesting note is that I bought numerous E1Bs' and E2DLs and none of them had a perfect beam pattern and I ended up selling them all. Wouldn't you know it? This E1L has a PERFECT pattern! LOL!

carrot

Flashaholic
I have a KL1 modded with a SSC P4. Milky estimates it's 220 lumens out the front. It's pretty incredible to behold so many lumens coming out of a TIR optic.

gunga

Flashaholic
I have a KL1 modded with a SSC P4. Milky estimates it's 220 lumens out the front. It's pretty incredible to behold so many lumens coming out of a TIR optic.

I'm curious how you got the 220 lumen number? What is the stock output using the Luxeon 3? I think it's 500-600 mA to the emitter right?

What do P4's output at that current?

1996alnl

Enlightened

Holy crap! That thing must throw like a laser.

Take care

steveG

Enlightened
I just bought one of these (used) and so far I love it! I don't know what I imagined, but I can't believe how small it is. Output is great, the low start is perfect for my needs and so far I'm impressed by the high. I definitely think this is going to be my most used light.

By the way, does anyone know of a runtime chart for the latest model dual-mode E1L?

Latest posts