Biggest Regret Selling...

Ctrain

Enlightened
Anyone sold anything that they really regretted selling... I've always regretted selling my E2 CAMO and C2 Camo a few years back... Come to think of it that was about the time I sold my Spyderco Mouse... WHAT WAS I THINKIN!!!!

1dash1

Enlightened
Never regretted buying a flashlight. Never regretted selling a flashlight.

I have regretted not buying a flashlight sooner.

I have regretted not selling some flashlights sooner. :candle:

toolpig1

Enlightened
I've never sold a flashlight, but certainly have gifted a boat load. It's fun to give someone, who's never seen a decent light, a Fenix E20 or something along that line. After turning it on, their reaction is priceless.

My selling regret is a Smith & Wesson 686 "Lou Horton" limited run .357 magnum with snubby little 2 1/2" barrel. I'd like to still have that one in my safe.

Last edited:

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
I almost sold my 5 Maglites, but then I found out that you could upgrade them. I discovered this forum and that has cost me a bit, but my big Maglite (4D) is going to get a nice Malkoff upgrade. I would have regretted selling the Maglites if I had sold them and THEN found out I could have upgraded them.

All 5 are going to get glass lenses and LEDs, the two mini maglites are going to get clicky tailcaps too.

So the answer is almost, but managed to not sell any torches, so nothing to regret.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
At times I've regretted selling the three Surefire M6's I had, but I needed money at the time, and they brought a pretty good price (bought all 2 of them used, the 3rd at a discount), as well as the two 12P/M Surefires I picked up, but those sold for about twice what I paid for them, so at least I made good money on those.

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have regretted not buying a flashlight sooner.:candle:
+1

As Tom Petty says, "The waaaaiiitttting is the hardest part"

With my finger just begging me to allow it to press the 'submit reply' I've sometimes waited too long, thinking of all the different options or reasons to/not-to buy a light, and upon finally committing to the buy, I'm a minute too late. :poof:

Sometimes you've just gotta go with it, as MorpheusT1 did HERE.

shomie911

Enlightened
I don't think I regret selling any flashlights.

What I do regret slightly is not buying Surefires sooner. There really is something special about them.

Off-topic :laughing::
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Currently have the following:

- Surefire 6P-BK / Malkoff M60

- Surefire C2-BK / Lumens Factory HO-9 lamp assembly

- Surefire KT2 / FiveMega 2x 18650 body / MN16 lamp assembly

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm hoping I buy more Surefires, but I seem to be happy with the ones I have now. (How weird is it for a flashaholic to say that!!)

I am, however, planning on buying a FM Bi-Pin MN Adapter and some WA1111 bulbs for the KT2 combo. :D

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I regret selling my Pelican 7060 with a perfectly white tint. I regret never buying a Gotham custom light when you could still get them.

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
I regret selling some of my SF lego parts. You can never have enough Lego parts :D

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope...I get my use of them and when it is time, they go. There are some I wish I didn't buy but taking a slight loss to find them a new home is more practical than hanging onto it. What balances me is the thought..."there is always another." (Same thought with that auction site.)

Patriot

Flashaholic
Good thread! I haven't regretted selling any lights because I've always felt like they served their purpose and I was ready to let them go. The hardest decision I made recently was to sell my PH40 but I also have a PH50 and they kinda felt like expensive duplicates.

I do regret having sold firearms in the past though. Some of those sales have haunted me, so I've decided not to do that anymore. :mecry:

Don't sell your guns folks! ;)

nzgunnie

Enlightened
Traded a black SF A2, but not for terribly much, although the A2 Aviatrix I got in return is probably pretty rare since Bawko vanished and never made more than a handful.

It was just before the value of the black A2s shot through the roof in the CPF MP too.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sold a Heckler & Koch Mod 91 decades ago when a $1000 was a good price for them. Irreplaceable now, even if it was hard to clean and had a 9 lb trigger....:mecry:

toolpig1

Enlightened
Hey, thank you to American Lockpicker, Patriot36, and nerdgineer. I asked myself, "why was I mentioning selling a gun on a flashlight forum?" I try not to stray off topic, but am very grateful to know others share the sentiment. I agree, don't sell your guns!

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
My very first Surefire, a teardrop bezel E2-BK.

And a mint early style Surefire M3.

Other than that, nothing else really.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I mainly regret not buying two or more of what I've found to WORK, whether lights, knives or other items.

I regret selling my old blued Ruger Mini 14 and the Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 I had (both over ten years ago).

I regret buying some of the lights I have, mostly because I didn't know before hand what I was getting.

I've sold few lights, mainly because they are either too expensive for a garage sale or undesireable for CPFers.

I have payed it forward a few times and that makes me feel great!

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Regret getting rid of my first A2 and L2, but they are getting replaced.
Sold a Japanese Aristaka paratrooper rifle and a Husqvarna pistol with stock that can never be replaced. Well, that was 20 years ago and I was in college getting stupid.