10 year Mich. Photon torture test

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got back from a trip to the cabin and while looking for a quarter I dropped I found a Photon II. After a bit of thought I remembered losing one of my first one up to the cabin about 10 years ago. It is rough after 10 winters and rainy seasons and It does not work so I ordered some batteries for it with a battery order I was placing.

When they arrive I will clean off the rust on screws and see what is inside, and if it works. will take pics.

Illum

Flashaholic
it might work, coin lithiums don't react too well to icy conditions...but they last far longer than silver oxide or alkaline:D

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Cool...
I have a 12 year old G-shock that was in storage at the bottom of a drawer, under some junk. I tried to restore it a few months ago, but the rubber case just crumbled and rotted. The internals however work good as new. Pulled the old coin cell and dropped in a new one. The old battery didn't leak or anything.

There was a thread a few months back about a guy who lost a 6P a decade ago. He found it under a water heater in his garage... and it still worked, although it was in rough shape.

Rat6P

Enlightened
Cool...
I have a 12 year old G-shock that was in storage at the bottom of a drawer, under some junk. I tried to restore it a few months ago, but the rubber case just crumbled and rotted. The internals however work good as new. Pulled the old coin cell and dropped in a new one. The old battery didn't leak or anything.

There was a thread a few months back about a guy who lost a 6P a decade ago. He found it under a water heater in his garage... and it still worked, although it was in rough shape.

Hey me too, although I actually wore it for 10+ years.....then one day the casing just fell apart...
Insides are still going ....only 1 batt change so far..