• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired **SOLD** Moby **** Trinity, Back in Black, beamshots added

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
SOLD
Hardware:

- Fivemega FM3V-2 head, bezel remachined for crisper lines and trim look
- Custom checkered Mag D tube by Mac
- (3) 1000 lumen Ostar LE UW E3B
- (3) Fraen narrow beam reflectors
- (3) Cree XRE R2 WG
- (3) McR17XR
- (3) parallel Blue Shark drivers, each driving (1) Ostar and (1) Cree in series. One mother Shark wired to the pot, and two slaves wired to the mother
- (3) machined aluminum SharkSinks
- Custom brass topside micro sinks for diode and IC of each Shark
- (1) 20K ohm logarithmic pot
- Custom LZ pot knob w/ trit vial indicator
- Heatsink CNC milled from 3" round 6061 aluminum, 8.5 oz.
- (4) Emoli 26700 safe chemistry LiMn02 cells, cardboard replaced by shrink wrap
- Cell sleeve machined from PVC, reamed for proper ID
- All alum parts anodized HA black

Specs:

- Current pot-adjustable from 0 - 900 mA
- Mid-pot detent = 490 mA
- Vf of LED strings (average): 22.3V @ 350 mA, 24.7V @ 1A

dsc1503wg1.jpg

dsc1514pt5.jpg

Rightmost thumbnail shows size relative to a 2D Mag.
Pictured above are the cells, sleeve, and custom charging crade (included). Also pictured is a 1.5A smart charger which is a $25 option. I will install extended leads and banana plugs on the charging cradle if you have a suitable charger, or wire the cradle to the smart charger before shipping.

Build details and beam are very similar to the original Trinity detailed here, except for the cell solution, Blue Sharks, R2 Crees, and of course the host.

The Emoli cells power the light beautifully with very little voltage sag. At the lowest pot setting, some dies are glowing. The amount of glow can be used as an indication of cell status, i.e. when the cells are low no dies will glow.

$995, $945, $895 shipped including PP fees domestic, international shipping additional at cost less domestic rate. Add $25 for the smart charger.
EDIT: Charger included as part of the stimulus package. Will accept M6s, preferrably mint, in trade. Up to three :D

Beamshots:

Lineup in order of appearance:

dsc1516oy7.jpg

Left to right:
- Legendary "Mr. X", X bin Lux V, 6 X NiMH AA cells
- Lambda P7 2D Mag mod, 3 X NiMH cells
- LZ quad Q5, Shark/pot (960 mA on hi), 6 X 14500, 7.4V
- Back in Black Trinity

Beamshots in same order, camera settings all ISO200, F3.5, 3 sec. Images are a decent approximation of what my eyes see. Lights were aimed at the the grove of trees in the far distance.

In the foreground the small tree at center is at 35'. To the downhill left bend of the drive it's 200', the end of the split-rail fence is about 300', and beyond the fence across the street is a grove of trees at 450'.

Last edited:

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Moby **** Trinity, Back in Black

HOLY $&!T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast

That is an absolute work of art. I really wish I wasn't in "hobby cash flow nuetral" for the time being (it was hard enough picking up a new LS20 yesterday!)

Any chance of beamshots? Compared to comprarable lights, like the top of the Luxor, or perhaps the Sun (or your quad P7 build?)? Not that I could buy it this month, but I'd just really like to see 'em!

Mettee

Enlightened

I cant beleive it. Looks good. I had this idea but didnt have the time to put it together. :rock:

Beam shots my man

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast

WOW!!

That is unbelievable! If I could sell off a light I posted for sale a few days ago, I'd love to take this off your hands.

Unfortunately, it hasn't sold yet.

PM incoming.

MSax

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast

There are beamshots of the original Trinity in the thread linked above. I'll take some fresh ones with this light tonight, though the quad-7 MD will be absent as I don't have one built up (waiting for the D2DIM).

Hamster, I'll also measure current draw tonight after work to give an estimate of runtime. Continuous runtime will be limited by heat though, and 10 minutes on hi is about as long as I'd go. Mid-pot is almost as bright and can be run much longer with less heat.

Kiessling

Flashaholic

HOLY poop !!!
I want that so much ... but it is Li-Ion :green:

If you ever make one with CR123 Primaries ... you know where I am. I'll take it any day ... :bow:

bernie

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast

Shall I say, "BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL". :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Tanasit

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast

Any chance of beamshots? Compared to comprarable lights, like the top of the Luxor, or perhaps the Sun (or your quad P7 build?)? Not that I could buy it this month, but I'd just really like to see 'em!

smokelaw1, beamshots added. Unfortunately I could not dig up much for common lights to compare against. My M6 is out on loan, and as I mentioned I'm waiting for D2DIMs to build up my quad-P7. I dug up what I could and have added beamshots to the first post.

Outstanding work!
How long can you run this beauty at full throttle?

I measured the current draw, and with partially discharged cells @ 15.4V (3.85V ea.), the light draws 5.08 amps. Power consumption is 78 watts.
Assuming 2200 mAH for the Emolis, this should give a runtime on hi of 25-30 minutes.

Actually Bernie, they are....Li-FePo4!:nana:

MSax

MSax, thanks for the clarification, first post edited accordingly.

Last edited:

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Moby **** Trinity, Back in Black, beamshots added

This one is the King and belongs on the top:thumbsup:

Raybo

Enlightened
Re: FS: Moby **** Trinity, Back in Black, beamshots added

Bump for a "ression" price.

Ray

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: **Stimulus Reduction** Moby **** Trinity, Back in Black, beamshots added

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Granted it's not the best economy in which to sell high dollar builds, so I'll give this thread a shot in the arm with a stimulus package - $50 instant rebate and smart charger included (cost me $27.26 shipped).

I'll also accept M6s in trade, preferrably in good or mint condition, up to three. :D