LF2x low-mode runtime

clintb

Enlightened
Hey all,

I haven't seen a thread, or review, where the low-mode on the LiteFlux LF2x is addressed so I took it upon myself to do the test.

Started out with a freshly charged Eneloop AAA (800mAh) right off a Maha C-9000 charged at 500mAh.

Result: 82 hours 15 minutes until it started the blinking. I'm pretty sure over-discharge protection is on.

Quite frankly, I'm pretty amazed.

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees
When using Eneloops Arcmania suggests turning over-discharge protection off since Eneloops tend to run at slightly lower voltages than other Nimh cells. I don't know if that still applies to such low current draws though. You might try turning the protection off and see what happens, but I would understand if you didn't want to since you don't want to ruin your cell. 82 hours is impressive. Thanks for your effort. :thumbsup:

clintb

Enlightened
Bonky,

Yep, that was the lowest of the low.

mudman_cj,

For pure academic purposes, I'll probably sacrifice a cell. Since it's only one cell, and only one time, I don't think it'll get hurt. I have to agree, 82 hours is very impressive, especially since the 15% figures are kind of less-than-good.