Halloween treats?

sawlight

Enlightened
So I had heard of this, on this forum even, and didn't think it was a bad idea!
My wife tells me we need to get treats for Halloween. Instictivly (I think I have been here too long) I pop off "Get some light sticks to hand out."

She never said a word, but was deathly quiet and looked at me like I was the antiChrist!!:oops: Was that such a bad suggestion?

Patriot

Flashaholic
So I had heard of this, on this forum even, and didn't think it was a bad idea!
My wife tells me we need to get treats for Halloween. Instictivly (I think I have been here too long) I pop off "Get some light sticks to hand out."

She never said a word, but was deathly quiet and looked at me like I was the antiChrist!!:oops: Was that such a bad suggestion?

Not at all! It was a totally cool suggestion....mr antichrist :nana:

Seriously, I liked the idea. If I was an 8 year old kid again, I'd love to get something like that. It sounds like your wife may be fed-up with your light hobby though???

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
She is just thinking of your abode. While some kids will think they are kewl, the majority are expecting candy. Hordes of children angered at getting something other than candy might produce things like tp'ed trees, bags full of surprises burning on your porch... you get the idea, get the candy for the kids, and the lightsticks for you. Or at the very least give them a choice :thumbsup:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
There was a thread from a previous Halloween where a CPF'er gave out light sticks and created quite a bit of excitement with the kids. Eventually the street was lined with lots of little glowsticks bobbing up and down as the kids wernt door to door with their new "treat" lighting the way. It's a great safety aid also, since it makes them a lot more visible to cars.

I say go for it!

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I was little a lightstick would have been like the coolest thing ever. Make sure you get different colors! Of course keep a few for yourself too!

gorn

Enlightened
Part of my Halloween loot arrived by FedEx today. I bought 108 of those stick on the back of your cellphone LED lights. They don't really work all that great since they only have 2 sided sticky tape for the back but i'm sticking 2 of them together back to back and they work fine. They will give each of the little trick or treaters a nice little 4 LED flashlight.

I will also give them a piece of candy for grins. When I mentioned the lights to my wife she said "what a great idea". I think the ARC on her keychain and the Novatec in her purse has brought her over to the dark (light) side.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I think that since we're often just larger versions of kids, men somtimes have a pretty good idea of what they like. My nieces and nephews would rather have a cool light over a KitKat any day! :)

verbie

Enlightened
Kids will have too much candies anyways. I think a light stick is a super cool idea. :D

BladeDogg

Newly Enlightened
The lightstick idea ROCKS! Surprisingly they love packets of hot chocolate over candy too!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Lightsticks are cool.... But on Halloween, kids want Candy!

Yummy, delicious, sugar-rush, rots-your-teeth candy!

No lightsticks, no apples, no healthy treats. Just candy!

Once every 365 days, the youngin's get to eat as much candy as they can bring home. And if they have to put on weird or funny outfits, they'll gladly do it! Halloween is when they get to openly beg for candy! It comes only once a year.... Don't give them glowsticks or lightsticks. In fact, the only sticks they should get are pixie sticks, full of colored sugar that equals candy!

For Heaven's sakes, give them candy. :)

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
There was a thread from a previous Halloween where a CPF'er gave out light sticks and created quite a bit of excitement with the kids. Eventually the street was lined with lots of little glowsticks bobbing up and down as the kids wernt door to door with their new "treat" lighting the way. It's a great safety aid also, since it makes them a lot more visible to cars.

I say go for it!
I like this guys thinking and wish someone would have done this when I was a kid. I've still never had a light stick that I can recall, but that's okay, just give mine to the kids! :D

Make sure you get some little Snickers bars for them too, cause I love 'em!

So what'cha gonna do? :popcorn:

sawlight

Enlightened
I am going to try and talk the wife into both. Give them a candy bar and a light stick, or offer the choice. See how it goes this year and make a call next year.
But I have to get the wife to sign off on it.