Help!!! Just Got my 2nd Brand New LF3 (replacement) and CAN'T get it to work either!!

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, I have a lot of lights with many different UIs, and can work each of them just fine. Programming the Novatac 120P..no problem. I can read instructions.

However, when I received my first LiteFlux LF3 and couldn't get it to work after many attempts and thoroughly reading the manual, I was positive it was a malfunctioning light. LED Cool had me clean some contacts and check the switch spring, but with no luck so he sent me out a new one.

3 weeks later, and I get the new light - same problem!!

When I turn the light on to position 1, it flashes 3 times slowly, stays lit on a low level, when I turn it to position 2, it comes on high for a couple of seconds, then strobes for about 10 seconds and then just shuts off. If I try switching modes (P2 -> P1 -> P2) while it's doing this - no effect. Any time I try switching modes it starts this same routine: slow flash->strobe->off.:ohgeez:

Both lights seemed to work the first time I turned them on for about 30 seconds of solid light, but as soon as I tried switching modes they went into this flash/strobe/off mode and I can't do anything to change it! It is driving me crazy...:sick:

I have tried multiple primary CR123s - Surefires and Duracell Ultras. I've even checked them on a multi-meter to make sure they are fresh. Is this light only meant to work with RCRs (3.7v)?? I don't have any to test it with unfortunately.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! (can you tell I'm more than a little frustrated?...........):sigh:

Last edited:

NetKidz

Enlightened
Looks like the battery over-discharge protection is ON. :thinking: The factory default is OFF. The voltage of primary lithium under load is below the over-discharge protection point.

1. try to turn ON at P1, do SWx10 to rest to factory default.
2. Or borrow a RCR123, do SWx8, SWx2, SWx3 to turn it OFF.

Hope this helps. :)

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like the battery over-discharge protection is ON. :thinking: The factory default is OFF. The voltage of primary lithium under load is below the over-discharge protection point.

1. try to turn ON at P1, do SWx10 to rest to factory default.
2. Or borrow a RCR123, do SWx8, SWx2, SWx3 to turn it OFF.

Hope this helps. :)
Thanks NetKidz - I was also thinking it had something to do with the light looking for a 3.7v battery. I tried doing a SWx10 to reset to factory defaults, but no luck so far. Once it actually changed to a very low low SOS, but as soon as I switched modes to a constant light, it flashed and shut itself off again. Further attempts to reset to factory fail - the light just flashes and shuts off before I even get through 10 switches.

Unfortunately I don't know anyone who has a 3.7v RCR to borrow, so I'd have to order one. Is this normal for two lights in a row to not work with a primary?? I can't believe I'm the only one to experience this...

Is there any other way I can reset this light? I really want to get this to work, but I'm about ready to send both back for a refund...:(

NetKidz

Enlightened
I've done it with primary lithium when over-discharge turned ON. Just don't mind the mode/output when you're doing the switch action (SW).

1. Turn OFF.
2. Turn at P1 (all mode P1 should be low by default).
3. Do your switch action (SW, P1->P2->P1) ten times. Don't wait any response. Just do SW exactly and continuously. Each SW should be in 1s and don't stop between each SW.

If you do it right, it should turn OFF and then turn ON at standard mode by itself. If it still couldn't work, I think you may contact LED Cool for help.

Good Luck. :)

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got an LF3 a while back that did not function properly out of the box. I have an LF5 so I know how to work the UI. I sent it back but unfortunately it never made it back to Khoo. It must have gotten lost in the mail. Hope you have better luck getting yours sorted out.

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for your help. I think the fact that this happened with two in a row tells me they aren't defective, but that the light is looking for a 3.7v lithium battery. I have a couple IMRs on the way (gonna be some great hotwiring going on...:D), so I'll throw one of these in and see if it does the trick. If it works, I can just turn off the battery protection and run it with a primary.

-Rich

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my RCRs today and tried them in the light...works!!!

It was definitely kicking on protection because it was looking for a 3.7 li-ion instead of the primary I was using.

Now if I can just figure out how to turn this protection off so I can run primaries in it all will be good. :grin2: