Is there a weaponlight that uses P60 style lamps?

jchen012

Newly Enlightened
Hello. I need a weaponlight for my Sig and was wondering if there is one where I can just drop-in, for example a LED from Malkoff, into the light? For some reason I heard you can do this with the Insight M3, although I am not 100% sure. Are there any specific lights designed to fit the P60 size? Thanks in advance.

jchen012

Newly Enlightened
What I meant to say is a weaponlight that has a rail already in the design. Surefire only makes the X200/X300 series and the bezel is not removable. Also it looks too small.

By the way, this is for a handgun. If it was for a rifle, I would just get a regular flashlight and get one of those scope mounts.

Also, thanks to the link above, it looks like Surefire did make a weaponlight for the P60 assembly, but it was discontinued!?! I wonder why... I wonder if ebay will have the M111C/M111D...

Last edited:

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
not too familiar with waepon lights, but Pelican did (can't find it on the officaial webpage anymore) have a 1-cell light, model 2310. the short version of the Pelican M6. :eek:

there are 2 versions of this light, 1 with rear switch, the other with side switch. then there's the Xenon or LED version.

i have the 2310. but for mounting onto pistols, you need to purchase a seperate mount. i am not aware of issues regarding feeding future bulb upgrades with just a single cell. :candle:

Size15's

Flashaholic
Lets take a trip back in time.

X-Series (X300, X200B, X200A) - dedicated LED bezels.

W-Series "Military" Series - Use the P60. Unsure whether the batteries are the right polarity for an LED "drop-in" such as the P60L.

M-Series "Millennium" Series - Use the MN10/MN11 "M3" bezel.

P-Series "Nitrolon" Series - Use the P60. However, batteries can only be inserted the 'wrong-way' so is unsuitable host for an LED "drop-in" such as the P60L

"Classic" - uses the P60. Batteries inserted in-line (rather than side-by-side) and I assume this makes the most ideal host for an LED "drop-in".

SureFire's Classic Handgun WeaponLights are specific to each model of handgun so we really need to know exact the sort of handgun you have in order to help you discover which Classic WeaponLight to hunt down.

As for why SureFire discontinued their models prior to the X-Series - this is simple - the X-Series are smaller, weight less, for the most part brighter, and afford significantly better switching options and ergonomics. Also they are waterproof as standard and more adaptable to a variety of rails and mounting solutions.

Last edited:

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
To answer the OP question. Yes. However the M111C/D is NOT a P60 bulb but the MN series bulbs. Like a M3/M4/M6 type bulbs. But it really only uses a M3 type bulb.

I think in this pic
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j102/richm2004/IMG_2090.jpg

the Light in the middle uses P60 bulbs but im not sure. It is nitrolon though. not like the M111D which is HA.

For the tacticoolness, not really P60, you could try the L6P head with uber-strike head
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j102/richm2004/IMG_2068.jpg

Also, while not really working for a pistol, there is the M952 weapon lights

Here is a rechargeable option. However it is made for an airsoft pistol. It does mount to rails. But you need the special strike head/glass lens kit to accept 9v lamps. I run a SF P91 in it. It is rechargeable. It doubles as a battery for an electric airsoft pistol.
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/8824/dsc0274pt6.jpg

1wrx7

Enlightened
I'm always amazed at how much SF info Size15 has. The W111 light is for a Glock, but there was another... maybe a W114, W113, W115 that was made for a Sig.

Fitting a Malkoff in most SF weaponlights takes some machining though. Like Size15 said the battery configuration might not work for LED drop-in's. If it does a P60L will probally be the only drop-in that will fit easily.

I hope the W series will work for you though, they are built like tanks:tinfoil:

Size15's

Flashaholic
SureFire did use a convention for WeaponLights to identify the handgun each was designed for:

1 = Glock
2 = Springfield XD
3 = SIG P220
4 = SIG P226, P228, P229
5 = H&K USP (Full Sized)
6 = Beretta (92F/SB, 96F)

So the Series identifier came first:

P = Nitrolon
M = Millennium
W = Military

Then came "1"
Then came
"0" for Constant-On Shuttle Switch, no remote switch.
Or
"1" for remote switch.

The third digit was for the handgun model
and if the second digit was as 1, then
"C" for Constant-On Shuttle Switch,
or
"D" for Disable Shuttle Switch.

Some models featured a so-called -DG or Dev Group remote switch rather than the standard 'SlimLine' remote switch.

SureFire carried over the handgun model identification digit to the X200/X300 remote switches noting that the X-Series was designed to fit on rail-equipped handguns.
SL- for SlimLine
DG- for Dev Group
Then;
11 = Glock
12 [not used AFAIK]
13 = SIG 220R
14 = SIG 226R, 228R, 229R
15 = H&K USP Compact
16 Beretta FS92
17 = 1911
18 = 1911 TRP
19 = USP Full Size
20 = Beretta Vertec

I could go on and explain about the MR mounts but I've digressed enough!

Kato

Enlightened
Here's a P113D-DG on my Sig P220:

SigP220.jpg

Solis107

Newly Enlightened
just make sure you find a holster that fits your tac setup before you buy. I have a halogen bulb in my M6X (gets a 125 lumens) on my HK USP .40 compact. I LOVE this tac light. Batteries last about 3 months with real life use. I use it about 3mins a night few nights a week. Anyway after i bought it i found out there are ZERO holsters for this setup. I ended up with a bianchi mil. universal holster. Its huge and offers little retention. Good Luck with your search.

Latest posts