Is it just me?

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Or is Eagle-Tac just another way of saying Fenix T10 or T11?

Twist head for high and low. Forward switch. Higher high perhaps but same low.

Similar pricing.

Not exactly alike but pretty close for comfort.

Why say ye?

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or is Eagle-Tac just another way of saying Fenix T10 or T11?

Twist head for high and low. Forward switch. Higher high perhaps but same low.

Similar pricing.

Not exactly alike but pretty close for comfort.

Why say ye?

How about a subject that's a subject, not a question?

Please don't post when you're drunk. :buddies:

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think yes.

And they might be part of the same company... fenix, eagletac, nitecore

-Look a like designs (nitecore not here)
-Same webpage format, similar pricing and free shipping
-Similar specs: HAIII, aircraft aluminium, IPX8, forward, 2 modes, Q5 (most cases)

Chineses manufacturers usually make many brands of the similar product with small difference, marketing strategy. I can tell by experience, more than 10 years living in there.

Note im not ranting or flaming these brands.. i like their lights :thumbsup:

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a reply that is on topic?

IMHO it wouldn't be odd to learn that these lights were made by the same people under different names.
In reality this is a common practice.
Yaesumofo

I don't see any similarities, when I'm sober. :grin2:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I think you'd need to dissect them both piece by piece to really tell for sure just how similar they are. Solarforce looks nearly identical to 6PD, but they aren't even close to identical manufacturing origins.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think yes.
And they might be part of the same company... fenix, eagletac, nitecore
-Look a like designs (nitecore not here)
-Same webpage format, similar pricing and free shipping

The look alike web pages is due to them both being sold by 4sevens in Atlanta. An analogy would be a large car dealership that sells two brands of cars having separate web sites for each brand. The sites might look alike because they were setup by the same people, but the two brands are totally separate.

4sevens was kind enough to send a lot of lights to a recent CPF gathering in NJ, where about 35 of us gathered. Among those he sent for us to look at were six or seven EagleTac lights. They were very very nice - the nicest production lights of the many he sent IMHO. I own four Fenix lights, which I like very much, but the EagleTac felt as good or better. I compared the similar [same batteries] EagleTac and Fenix lights head to head and they were largely identical as far as brightness levels - this was by eye, ceiling bounce, in a room with ambient light.

The lights I looked hardest at are the two AA and single 18650. Overall the EagleTac lights seemed like winners. If I were going to choose between Fenix and EagleTac, the decision would come down to runtime, price and in some cases the slight size difference between units.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I don't DO "drunk"!

They do seem to be similar enough that one could take sales from the other.

I REALLY like my TK10 except I can't one hand it like say a Dereelight module with a clickie. This Eagle-Tac light just looks like more of the same.

It will be interesting once someone has both and does a review.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Partly a joke, partly an irritation at lame subject lines.

I guess my post was poorly done, too.

I see no familiarity between the light's construction...

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
honestly, guys, how much variation do you expect? They mostly use AAs, CR123As, 18650s, or li-ion equivalents of the first two, since those are the available batteries. And they mostly use CREE Q5 because that is the most efficient available LED. The tail switch has become a standard. So what is there to change? I've only seen one flashlight that looks nothing like others taking its batteries, and that was the spy :)

and just as a comment - if a company creates several brand names for different product categories, they usually tell you. Like nitecore and raidfire - they even have a parent company name, edgetac.

Yes, eagletac's p10c2 does compete directly with fenix's t10. But I think that it is a matter of improving traits left undeveloped in the t10, not trying to copy them. Personally I can understand this, as I agree with eagletac that this is probably the best interface for a true "tactical" flashlight.