Owners of Jet3 Ti - tell me what you like

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a jet3 pro Ti and love it.
Its tough, bright and not too expensive as Titanium custom lights go IMO - I can not find anyones thoughts/review on it - which makes me think its being under rated - or is it just my opinion :thinking: - I was wondering how many here have one and what do you like/dislike about it. :D

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like it a lot except a few little things.

1. Mine has SMO reflector which produces very narrow throwing beam pattern. Not really useful in everyday life.

2. Secondly, the clicky switch is not as good as McClicky switches. And often it misleads you towards unwanted IBS programming mode.

Other than that, I think it's excellently built, robust light.

One more thing, I would like it to be built with 6Al-4V Titanium, rather than CP Titanium. :grin2:

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like it a lot except a few little things.

1. Mine has SMO reflector which produces very narrow throwing beam pattern. Not really useful in everyday life.

2. Secondly, the clicky switch is not as good as McClicky switches. And often it misleads you towards unwanted IBS programming mode.

Other than that, I think it's excellently built, robust light.

One more thing, I would like it to be built with 6Al-4V Titanium, rather than CP Titanium. :grin2:

I was thinking of getting a SMO for mine (by the way is the reflector in the jet3 Ti the same as the one in the normal jet3 pro ibs as i have heard that it the same as the jet2 pro ibs?? ) - but the OP is a real nice smooth beam with throw - I swapped the forward switch out for the reverse clickie so its easyer not to stuff up the IU - why 6Al-4V?? what the problem - the jet is 99.2% Ti I have read.

Last edited:

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking of getting a SMO for mine (by the way is the reflector in the jet3 Ti the same as the one in the normal jet3 pro ibs as i have heard that it the same as the jet2 pro ibs?? ) - but the OP is a real nice smooth beam with throw - I swapped the forward switch out for the reverse clickie so its easyer not to stuff up the IU - why 6Al-4V?? what the problem - the jet is 99.2% Ti I have read.

Yours came with OP? Good for you.
Mine came with SMO from the manufacturer.

I think reflectors are interchangeable among J3pro, J3M, and J3Ti. I want to get OP for mine.

I still prefer forward switch to reverse. But the quality of the switch is not as goog as other forward switches.

6-4 Ti's are much more stronger, colors better, more expensive, of course harder to work with. It's just my preferrance. :wave:

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

i have changed the ugly standard-clip with a custom made one and also changed the regular bezel with a stainless strike bezel.

You can view some nice pics of it (and more Jet-Ti pics) in this thread on a german forum: http://www.messerforum.net/showthread.php?t=60781&page=3

Oliver

+1,

I agree the standard clip is really really ugly. :grin2:

I plan to have the custom Ti clip made for mine, otherwise I just would go without any clip.

The SS strike bezel is too much for me. The plain Ti bezel is much better for me. ;)