Inova T4 (2008) vs 7060 vs Stinger

shootist16

Newly Enlightened
Seriously considering a new duty light. I have the Stinger LED now. The switch on it sometimes acts up. Looking at the 7060 or T4. Any comparisons? Size comparison? Beamshots? The 2008 T4 is supposed to be 175 lumens.

Last edited:

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both of these. If you are looking for a powerful thrower to replace the Stinger, then the Pelican 7060 is vastly superior to the Inova T4.

The Inova has the advantage of being smaller, and it also has a low level if you need it. But you may not want to deal with a switch that controls anything more complicated than on/off.

As far as total output goes, I think that the Inova T4 underperforms its advertised lumens, while the Pelican 7060 is the opposite. My Pelican has slightly more output than my Inova.

toolpig1

Enlightened
There's already a thread "T4MP vs 7060" started by Modern Major General. In that thread, you asked for any updates on these lights. Check it out, I gave a rundown on both lights. I just happened to catch that thread first.

Last edited:

toolpig1

Enlightened
I would take the 7060, wich Stinger do you have ? the newest with C4 LED ?

I have the Inova T4 and the Pelican 7060, but no Stinger. I do have an Ultrastinger incan., but that is not one of the lights being considered.

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
I have compared them both at work, though I only had the Inova T4.

The 7060 has a deeper reflector I believe and it throws a good beam farther than the T4. That said I believe the T4 has much better spill, with a cleaner transition from spill to hot spot. The Inova T4 is no slouch when it comes to distance though. I remember once I was searching a large beach park and the Inova T4 was lighting up areas pretty far away. Overally I like the T4 better. Better features, better size. I like the metal over the plastic but im sure they are both durable. My friend had a broken tail switch from a 4-5 foot fall. I think the light should have survived that better. They are both good light but I think the Inova overall is better. yeah i know, no tail switch and the throw is not quite as great, but I dont think the difference is significant.

shootist16

Newly Enlightened
My T4 got here yesterday. My initial impressions are very good. Fit and finish are excellent. It produces much more light than my Stinger LED (first generation). The quality of light is also much better. The color is better and the beam is better. The switch is a little different than I'm used to with the Stinger, but it is easy to master. I like the fact that the switch is lower on the light than that of the stinger. The stingers switch would often activate the light when I was sitting in the car. The T4's switch location should prevent that. I also like the size of the T4. It is a little smaller than the Stinger. The 7060, in my opinion, really pushes the limits of belt carry. I go back to work in a few days. I'll compare the beam to the 7060 then.

toolpig1

Enlightened
When I recommend a light to someone, the hope is that he will be happy. It sounds like the T4 fit the bill. I know you did a bunch of research before making this purchase and it seems to have paid off. I love my Inova lights, they've proven to be indestructible.

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the 2008 Inova T4 have a warmer/neutral tint like the 2008 T1 and T2?
I don't have a T1 or T2 to compare against, but I can tell you that my T4 (2008) is much warmer than the TIROS (2005?) version I up-traded for it. I don't even know what emitter it has, but the color reminds me of a K2.