Streamlight stinger DS LED C4 fraud

byron8

Newly Enlightened
Anyone have experience with buying the Stinger DS C4 on Ebay or other place. I bought a light that advertised C4 and had same part number as C4 on Streamlight site. When I got the light It was not C4 LED and old led only 80 lumens and not 140, and 20000 hours instead of 50000 hours. The light was definetely not 140 lumens and the box and instructions never mentioned C4. Anyway, I went to police store in San Jose where the website advertised C4 LED for streamight stinger http://www.lcaction.com/ and they showed me same light without C4 on box and box had 20000 hours LED, etc. Then they checked the computer and they said they got to order the C4 version. I think these people are trying to dump the old LED DS lights and trying to sell them as C4 as most won't know the difference. Anyone had the same problem. Where can I buy the true C4 light.

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
A lot of e-bay vendors just grab the specs from the manufactures websites not knowing about the earlier/different versions of flashlights.

Last edited:

byron8

Newly Enlightened
Ok, folks, I read the posting by the guy that has the same question for the TLR1. I discovered my DS light does have a serial number that starts with C4, therefore I think I got a C4 light. On top of box is the 2X brighter red sticker. On box states 80 lumens and 20,000 hr. LED life. So it appears that they wanted to use the older boxes in this case. I have seen the newer boxes and they have C4 printed on box and has 135 lumens and 50,000 hr. LED life printed on outside. The SL folks are surely confusing people.