Fenix Light Help/Suggestions

CDPMan

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I am looking at picking a couple Fenix lights up for LE duty use. I am looking at both the TK11 and the PD20 I know that the TK11 can use a rechargeable batteries. I am new to the rechargeable lithium game so I could use suggestions on a battery and charger. I wasl also wondering if the PD20 could take a rechargeable lithium, and also a suggestion on that. I would also like to find a pocket clip for the PD20, if anyone knows of one that will work. Thanks!

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The PD20 accepts Li-ion batteries(the RCR123) but unless you buy the 3.2v or 3.0v kind the PD20 will loose the lower output modes until the battery drops enough voltage. It also uses a reverse clickie which is not that goof for LE use from what I hear(no momentary).

From what I know neither the PD20 nor the P2D have special coups made for them. I've read that a few clip from other lights work though. The Nitecore Extreme might be a light you might be interested in if you want 1 CR123 powered and can use RCR123 without problem. 8% off coupon at 4sevens/Fenix Store is "CPF8".

The TK11 can use one 18650 Li-ion battery and 2 RCR123s(the T1 and TK10 can also use 2 RCR123s).

AW batteries and the Ultrafire charger get a lot of praise from here.

CDPMan

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info. On the TK11 would the smooth reflector or orange peel reflector be a better choice?

thezman

Enlightened
TK11 is only available with the smooth reflector.

disclaimer: as far as I know.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The TK11 only has the smooth reflector.

The smooth reflector would have more artifacts(mainly one ring around the hotspot) but it will give more throw.

A OP reflector will give a smoother beam but less throw.

andylondon

Newly Enlightened
The TK11 is an excellent choice! If you are going for the best regulation, then i would use RCR123's. If the best regulation is not that important, then go for AW 18650's.