A curse I tell you a curse

Bullwinkle

Newly Enlightened
I curse who ever or how ever it was that I found this forum!!! I joined less than 2 months ago. Bought my first led lite, LP incendio. And in this short time I now have a Connexion, Nitecore extreme, novatac 120p, Tiablo ma6, Fenix LOD q4 and TK11. Damn you!!! when will it stop? on order= LP encore and MRV. In the process of talking myself into=NDI please help me!!! I saw the cute name "Flashaholic" and didn't see it for the warning it was meant to be. God help me. Anyway my name is Bullwinkle and I'm a Flashaholic.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF.
It gets better/worse/better/worse.........:D

Truth be told I was a flashaholic prior to finding this place, now I just blow money on better lights.

Last edited:

foxtrot29

Enlightened
I curse who ever or how ever it was that I found this forum!!! I joined less than 2 months ago. Bought my first led lite, LP incendio. And in this short time I now have a Connexion, Nitecore extreme, novatac 120p, Tiablo ma6, Fenix LOD q4 and TK11. Damn you!!! when will it stop? on order= LP encore and MRV. In the process of talking myself into=NDI please help me!!! I saw the cute name "Flashaholic" and didn't see it for the warning it was meant to be. God help me. Anyway my name is Bullwinkle and I'm a Flashaholic.

The NDI is a great light -- I have one and love it. Consider a D10 or EX10 as well. You'll be addicted as soon as you try a piston drive light!

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh you've barely scratched the surface! You've got a nice start into LEDs but you're missing HID and Hotwire lights!
Unfortunately we try to warn all the new guys but we don't get the "hide your wallet" message to everyone just yet. :D

sappyg

Enlightened
same thing has happened to all of us here. i never knew i was aflicted until i found cpf...... yep.... they even have a name for it and it runs rampant here.
you've got some cool lights. wait until you start messing with SF's ..... you'll spend many a sleepless night shining your modded light.

skyva

Newly Enlightened
Yes, my girlfriend keeps asking "what is in those yellow envelopes that keep getting delivered?"
Anyway, I have a few, tiablo A9, ex-10, fenix tk-11, and some dx/kd lights.
I also recently built a maglite 85, and am looking at other mods.
And then there is the batteries! I just got a maha charger and some sanyo aa's.

ugrey

Enlightened
If you think it's bad now, just wait until you buy your first SureFire.

cheetokhan

Enlightened

You're missing the light with the very best user interface, a Jetbeam IBS. I like the Jet II IBS, single CR123 the best so far.
And you really should get an EagleTac light too.

Burgess

Flashaholic
No, you're taking it all the wrong way . . . .

Think of it like this:

You are now Better Prepared

for Darkness or Trouble

than you ever were, before CPF.

It's not a Curse, but rather a Blessing !

You're Welcome.

:tinfoil:
_

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, you are now getting close to what you should EDC. But have you thought about the lights you should have in the car, in the bedroom, in the bathroom, in the...

bluecrow76

Enlightened
One day you will think you have enough and you may get distracted for a time by other endeavors... six months later there are bigger and brighter LED's on the market and new product lines out... you casually stroll by cpf again... then...

R E L A P S E ! ! !

I'm just regaining control from one. :D

Last edited:

Cosmo7809

Enlightened
I agree I was always a flashaholic but with cheap homedepot,walmart type lights(some of them are actually pretty good). But when I found the CPF's I...well mostly "they" put a stop to that. I've been a member for about 6 months now and wow.... I hate getting my credit card statement in the mail.
Flashlights are like Apple products, a new one comes out everyweek. Just when I say "comeon... they cant make it brighter, smaller, longer throw, perfect size, everything I want and more" thats when its released!
So a big thanks from me to all at Candle Power Forums.

P.S. Dont even get me started with edcforums....There should be a credit card just for them and CPF.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
This remedy will get rid of the curse,

Stir in pot,
1x led,
1x driver board,
1x 5oz of Ti
1x a pinch of silicon rubber
1x biscuit of sapphire cyrstal
Add water,
bring to the boil,
simmer,
Last minute add $900.00,
there done!
a "SPY 007" ENJOY :D

smopoim86

Enlightened
You'll get burnt out eventually. or just run out of money. I did what you did and now i haven't bought a light in about 3-4 months. I'm still gonna get a RA Clicky though.