*Best* flashlights from their respective manufacturers

king2penn

Enlightened
Ok, firstly i must admit i have only ever bought fenix LED torches.:faint: In order to expand my collection and drain my bank account, i have been looking towards other flashlight manufacturers for their most advanced LED torches. :devil:

The terms 'advanced' or 'best' or maybe even 'brightest' come with alot of subjectivity, but im still curious as to what each manufacturer has the 'best' torch to offer.

So, perhaps the 'best' way to explore other brands of LED flashlights is to start a 'best' or recommended list.

I'll probably list down the 'best' fenix torches that impressed me the most for starters.

Fenix
TK11 (for throw), P2D (for portability), L2D (for starters)

feel free to add on to the list , especially those from other brands:party:

Yapo

Enlightened
I dont think you can really have a best light as you said there "is alot of subjectivity".

As it would depend on what you want in the light and you want to use it for.

It depends if you want the light to have throw/flood/focusability and single mode/ multimode/programable and the max brightness, runtime and size of the light would depend on what batteries you want to use as well as the price.

I'm sure many here would say L0D for portability while a few might say drake, draco, lummi wee etc.

If you're looking for a new light you should start by asking yourself what you want to use the light for or what you want it to do, the price range and also maybe what batteries you want to use.

You should then use the google search and/or look in the reviews section as there are plenty of good reviews comparing simliar types of lights from different brands(selfbuilt's AA and CR123 round ups are nice) and also there are a few good flashlight review sites as well such as http://www.cpfreviews.com/reviews.php and http://www.light-reviews.com/

Heres a "few" other popular brands, off the top of my head that you could google their website and see what lights they offer:Surefire, Olight, jetbeam, dereelight, wolf eyes, nitecore, zebralight, lumapower, eagletac, led lenser, novatac, inova and the list goes on...

Every brand and light has their advantages and disadvantages...

Last edited: