How many lights do you carry during the day

Sonic Blast

Newly Enlightened
I was just curious to find out how many lights people carry when they are out and about during the day and what models they are.

For me its a fenix tk11 or t1 plus two sets of spare betteries
plus upgraided maglite aa or a fenix l2d Q5 cree this time with one set of replacement batteries
also a keyring light you know one of the cheap button cell ones on my house keys.

HeadCSO

Enlightened
Re: How many lights do u carry during the day

If I am at work, I have a Fenix L1T V2 in the work bag. As I always have my keys, there is a Fenix E01. I will also EDC a larger light on my person. I tend to rotate the following:

Fenix LD10
Fenix LD20
Nitecore Defender
Nitecore D10

Sabre

Newly Enlightened

Working as a police officer, I carry at least one light at all times. In the day it's a Surefire G2. I've ended up in dark buildings enough times that I won't be without a good light, even during daytime.

cl0123

Enlightened

0 or 1.

Most of the time, it's just a one-cell (AA or 123) light. Sometimes, I do forget to slip a light into my pocket, and that's just fine. If I am going someplace that I know I need to use a flashlight; then, I would bring a second light either a 2- or 3-cells light.

I personally do not carry any light at home, but I read some fellow CPF members even wear one in the shower :eek:!!!!

With Aloha,

Clarence

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was just curious to find out how many lights people carry when they are out and about during the day and what models they are.

I work as a computer tech - there are times I need to crawl under a desk, take the side off a case and visually inspect the m/board, fans, heatsinks, etc.

I carry a Jetbeam IBS with a 14500 cell and don't generally bother carrying a spare cell. I have a Streamlight Micro-stream on my keyring as a backup. Of course if I go back to my vehicle I can grab another light. In the car there is a 2D Maglite in the glovebox. In the scooter there is a Nebo CSI light under the seat (actually tucked in the little space behind a cover where it sits beside the factory tool kit).

If I go away camping for a few days then that would be a whole different story - probably 8 or more and several spare batteries. But I hardly need that for a few hours during the day visiting customers.

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast

Surefire 6PD with EO9 in V70 holster
Nitecore D10
Fenix L2D
Blackhawk Gladius
Surefire Aviator Red
Generic Photon on my badge lanyard

want to get a SL UV pen light too

oh, and batteries....
4 extra AA Eneloops, 2 extra AW RCR123A's and 2-4 Rayovac AAA if i carry my green 30mW laser pointer.

ugrey

Enlightened

I really don't carry differently because it's day or night. When I go out during the day I can stay out longer than I thought or I can get caught in a power outage inside a building. My area has been hit twice, in the last 15 years, by freak weather, that no one predicted. Both these weather events wiped out almost all power for 10 plus days. I have been stuck in stalled elevators. I also live on a major fault line and the big one IS going to hit someday. Luck favors the prepared.

I EDC : A Fenix LOD on my keychain, and another Fenix LOD in my wallet.

A Fenix P2D, set on low, in my left front pocket as my general use light.

A SureFire E2e, with a KX2C LED head, beside my wallet, as my very bright light.

If I am wearing cargo pants, then I have a SureFire Z3 with an LED drop in, for another very bright light.

If I have my briefcase with me, I have 4 or 5 more lights with me. SureFire 12P(see below), Fenix L1D, Streamlight stylus, CMG infinity ultra, Fauxton

Some of these extras would of course become loaner lights in case of emergency.

Does all this qualify me as a flashaholic?

Last edited:

shomie911

Enlightened

Usually it goes something like this:

Holster: Surefire C2 with Lumens Factory HO-9
Pocket: RA Twisty 85-TR
Keychain: Arc-P AAA

Sometimes depending on what I'm planning on doing that day/night it will change to something like this:

Backpack: Surefire KT2 / FiveMega 2x 18650 Body / Surefire MN16
Backpack #2: Surefire 6P with Malkoff M60
Backpack #3: Aspherical Q5 Maglite 3D
Holster: Surefire C2 with Lumens Factory HO-9
Pocket: RA Twisty 85-TR
Keychain: Arc-P AAA

I'm definitely a flashaholic, and I'm not ashamed. :laughing:

EDIT:

By 'Backpack #2 and Backpack #3' I don't mean that I carry multiple backpacks. I mean the second and third flashlights in the same backpack. :twothumbs

Last edited:

loszabo

Enlightened

At the moment:

• SureFire 6PL Defender or SureFire 6P (LF D26) or Insight H2X
  • SureFire A2 around neck
  • SureFire L5 in BOB

m16a

Enlightened

As a general rule,

• Surefire G2 with Cree Q5 drop in and tailcap from opticsHQ(provides for anything I need relating to throw, carried in right cargo pocket)
  • Nitecore D10 Q5(all around usage, main EDC, carried in pouch carabinered to front belt loop)
  • Dexlight X.1(backup EDC carried in right front pocket)
  • ARC-P AAA GS(Long running backup)

• Photon Microlight II(Long running backup)
Once the Ra Clicky arrives, it will take the place of the D10 as the main EDC, and the D10 will take the place of the Dexlight as the backup.

Thats me for the most part

olav

Newly Enlightened

I carried following lights today:

UltraFire 900LM (2x18650)
Fenix TK 11
Ledlenser David 19 + fiber which fits to the flashlight
A small plastic, maybe a Pelican

Thank God no more that back-hurting :hahaha: Magcharger !!!

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic

Always 2 but sometimes 3-4.

Depends on the mission how many and which ones.............................

Last edited:

Mdinana

Enlightened

Always a Streamlight Nano on my keychain. Off work, usually some sort of AA or 123 light (currently swapping between the Olight T10 and T15 bodies) - sometimes a Fenix 3D instead of the Olight.

But, yeah, usually I only "carry" 1 light, and have the Nano on my keychain as a backup.

At work depends on which "work" I'm at. The hospital is hit and miss if I have a light. On the ambulance, usually a Pelican M6 at night, and a Maglite during the entire shift.

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*

I usually just carry my AmondoTech N30 on a strap. It is surprisingly good to EDC considering its larger size.

shomie911

Enlightened

I usually just carry my AmondoTech N30 on a strap. It is surprisingly good to EDC considering its larger size.

People were a little put off by the Surefire C2 and a holster when I first started wearing it, but I can't imagine wearing the N30 during the day.

What part of your job requires that much firepower (lumenpower?) during the day?

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*

People were a little put off by the Surefire C2 and a holster when I first started wearing it, but I can't imagine wearing the N30 during the day.

What part of your job requires that much firepower (lumenpower?) during the day?

I have no practical need for carrying such a high power light, but I have always loved super high output lights, and the N30 is the most powerful light that is still EDC-able and doesn't look bad.:twothumbs

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast

RC-N3 Q5 with 123s
wf606a in backpack
cheap keychain light on keychain?
GITD key fobs on everything :thumbsup: