My Ver 2 Fenix L1T Won't tail stand

NotSoBrightBob

Newly Enlightened
Just got my first Fenix Torch. I chose an L1T. Older reviews I read on the version 1 talked about it's recessed tail cap that allowed tail standing. The version 2 I received will not tail stand. I thought that was a good feature to have so I was wondering if anyone could share the history on why the change on the version 2?

Thanks

Bob

Marduke

Flashaholic
It's the difference between a reverse vs forward clicky. The forward clicky protrudes slightly from the tailcap.

If you really need to stand it up, you can plop it in a coffee mug, or just lay it on it's side and wall-bounce it.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
There were requests for a forward clicky for a basic light so when Fenix brought out the L1T v2.0 they shipped the 1st batch with both a forward and a reverse clicky. (... and please tell us your impressions at ...)
The reverse clicky is still the same switch as the original LxP and LxT and allows tail stand.
The forward clicky sticks out to be easier to push for momentary/signaling purposes.
Due to unreliability reports of the earlier forward clicky, the 2nd batch shipped with the reverse ckicky only.
Once Fenix found a more rugged switch, the L1T now ships with the forward clicky only.
If you need your torch to tailstand, you can get the LxD reverse clicky switch & tailcap.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Or I am sure there are at least a couple dozen members here who would LOVE to trade you their reverse clicky for your forward. You can post a WTT in the MarketPlace.

NotSoBrightBob

Newly Enlightened
Thanks everyone for the education, this community is great. I'll stick with the forward clicky. The tailstand is nice but can't say I ever really need it and beside that would give me another excuse to go back to the stash for another light!

Bob