RCR123 3.0v and Scorpion incan?

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I could assume that the RCR123 would probably instaflash a Scorpion Bulb cause of the minimal current sag, is this correct?

Thanks,
Dave

mdocod

Flashaholic
Some people report success, others have had premature bulb failure problems, runtime is usually pretty bad.. I don't consider it a viable solution for making an incan rechargeable.

I think most people put a 17670 in there with a strion bulb to go rechargeable.

If you find yourself getting into rechargeable li-ion cells, it would be better to stick with the 3.7V standard li-ion cells, this will eliminate the need for multiple charger types to deal with different types of li-ion cells down the road since most flashlights that are designed for li-ion cells are designed around 3.7V cells.

Please stick to quality stuff. AW protected cells and a Pila IBC are the standard recommendation.

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Further to mdocod, I read that the official Stinger bulb has a guaranteed life of only 6-7 hours with primary CR123s, which is a short life and means it is driven pretty hard. It does not appear that it would be very tolerant of attempts to overdrive it with more powerful batteries.