• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired One time $$ drop $499 For Sale: Aleph III Quad SSC P4

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast
CIMG2328.jpg
CIMG2345.jpg

FOR SALE: Aleph III Quad SSC P4! This light is a conglomeration of various parts and ideas from various modders and suppliers from around CPF. The light is a lightly used shelf queen. Never carried, only used around the house a bit. It remains in perfect condition.

Specifications:

-HEAD: Aleph III head originally build by Icarus as a Quad-Lux III. The light is fully regulated and optimized to run off of 3xR123s (please use protected cells). The head provides 500 mAs to each emitter. More recently the head has been modernized by CM who replaced the Luxeon III emitters with SSC P4s. This pretty much more than doubled the output while maintaining the same runtime. At 500mA per emitter the 4xSSC should be putting out between 550 and 650 lumens!!!

-BODY: Custom built 3x123 body by Tranquility Base! The anodizing is a great match to the Aleph head.

-TAILCAP: McE2S build by McGizmo. Provides two output levels with push button momentary on switch recessed in protective button guard. Push the button down to get low, little harder for high.

-BEZEL: Custom built Aleph III Ti Bezel ring by Tranquility Base!

So there you have it, a custom light with input from four respected CPF modders and builders: Icarus, Tranquilitybase, CM and McGizmo!!!!

$515$499 + 4% CC PP Shipping included CONUS
CIMG2334.jpg

CIMG2307.jpg

Last edited:

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: For Sale: Aleph III Quad SSC P4

I've seen this light in person, very nice package. Solid build quality, surprisingly bright for size, you won't regret picking this up.

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast

I detect some plagerism there my friend!!! :grin2: :nana:

Seriously, awesome light!!! I too have seen this one in person and its amazing.

This shouldn't last very long.

MSax

copperfox

Enlightened

Very nice light indeed :thumbsup:.
Free bump.

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's one Very Nice light and Griff is a Great Guy to deal with. You won't be disappointed, Griff always has Excellent lights.

Steve

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's one Very Nice light and Griff is a Great Guy to deal with. You won't be disappointed, Griff always has Excellent lights.

Definitely +1!!

MSax

Praxis

Enlightened

Wow, looks like such a nice light. So tempting...

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sweet light Griff!

Man, a year ago this wouldn't have lasted an hour. Maybe times are as bad as they're saying.

I have one of Icarus' tri-Lux A3s, and even with the unfashionable Luxeons it's still a cherished piece. This one with the quad-SSC, TB tube, and Ti bezel is super-deluxe - as good as an Aleph gets.

neue

Newly Enlightened

Would this run on 3 CR123 primaries instead of the AW rechargeable cells? Would that produce longer runtimes than the rechargeables (due to greater capacity) or would the voltage be too low?

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Would this run on 3 CR123 primaries instead of the AW rechargeable cells? Would that produce longer runtimes than the rechargeables (due to greater capacity) or would the voltage be too low?

Sure, it will run fine on 3 primaries. In theory runtime will be slighty better as well.

Last edited:

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: $$ Drop For Sale: Aleph III Quad SSC P4

She's not going much lower:crackup:

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast

This sumbeeyotch still here?!?!? Bruce, where are you?
Don't be so hard on me :shrug:, I'm spent out for a while, and unfortunately 'layaway' like before just won't cut it this time. Poor `ol griff will be waiting forever for me to pay off this beauty. I'd like to pick her up though.:grin2:

Don't be so hard on me :shrug:, I'm spent out for a while, and unfortunately 'layaway' like before just won't cut it this time. Poor `ol griff will be waiting forever for me to pay off this beauty. I'd like to pick her up though.:grin2:

I meant the other Bruce (Fuhgedaboutit). This one's right up his alley.

Latest posts