A kind and gentle thought for Anne Pressly.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ann Pressly died Saturday night.

I did not know her. We were not friends. She lived up the hill from me in an adjacent neighborhood. If you saw her around town and said hello or waved she'd return the greeting with a smile that would disarm even the grumpiest of curmudgeons.

Last week when I learned of the brutal attack some sub-human inflicted on her in her home I was more than angry. She was reported to be in critical but stable condition. When I learned of Anne's death last night I felt sick and cold and void of something. I can't begin to imagine how her mom and dad feel. My prayers are for them now.

Like many around the state, I watched some of the Daybreak program almost every morning. Anne Pressly had a charm and a positive energy that shined through the confines of a television set. When reporting a serious story it was all pro, all business. She had a smooth, crisp presentation with a comfortable tempo. I've often thought this kid is going to go to a major market very soon. If it were a lighter piece like snowfall, or a high school pep rally she'd find the fun in it. She connected with everyone. She was quick and witty. I couldn't help but smile sometimes watching she and the other Daybreak on air talents, Beth and Melinda interact. She was a jewel. Just an awesome, awesome girl.

I hope that those that were close to her and loved her feel the goodness in the thoughts being sent their way from people all over the world. Especially for Anne's parents, Guy and Patti Cannady, I hope they feel a part of the fathomless love God has for their daughter as she is now in His care.

The local station put together a little photo montage of her with a voice over from the station GM found through this link. People are leaving their comments about her on a published page through this link.

If it strikes you to do so please take a moment to yourself and have a kind and gentle thought for Anne Pressly.

PonchoTA

Newly Enlightened
The site said she "passed away", but her life was taken from her. Hardly a small difference.

Do they know who did this? Any reason why?

Stuff like this pisses me off to no end. :mad:

They need to find that fu__er, hang him by his toes, cut off his thumbs and let him drain. :mad::mad::mad:

*******s.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Patriot36 -

Very sad indeed. I can't make any real sense of it.

PonchoTA -

There are many people that are quite angry about this. The community in general feels gut punched. Law Enforcement remains tight lipped about any leads or suspicions. The official word has been that it looked to be a random robbery. I don't think they really believe this to be true. Most people don't. In an attempt at not being too graphic I'll just say that the beating indicated a high level of rage.

She worked most days and many hours each day. Those close to her say that she was very focused on her career and enjoyed it. They say she didn't make time for a boyfriend so there are no exes to look at. Resources from other agencies such as the Federal Marshals, FBI and Secret Service joined in the investigation. I don't know how early on they were called. I hope they catch the perpetrator.

BladeDogg -

Yes, very hard to hear about these kinds of things. I still feel a connection to her. Maybe because I saw her most mornings on the television. Maybe because she lived so close. Maybe because she seemed really special, bright, funny, unassuming.

annep21.jpg

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes. The suspect was captured offering no resistance a little over an hour after the televised news release. The local television station where she had been employed basically devoted the 10:00 news to airing information about the suspect. This included the televised press interview where the Chief asked the public to help in finding him.

LRPD is a good crew. I hope they got the right guy. I have strong confidence that they did.

I wish you all could have seen her on the job. A natural pro. Excellent delivery on the serious stories. Could find the fun in the not so serious stories. She was very energetic and could take a joke no problem. She would contribute her time to good things for the community.

The family hopes that folks don't mourn Anne's death and believes that Anne would like us to remember her in such a way that we celebrate her life. Last night the local station was showing some clips of her. I was smiling then my stupid face sprung a small leak. It's weird. I really miss her like she was a bud even though I didn't know her.

Really cool girl.

Last edited:

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
As an Arkansan I can say everything you say is true. This young woman did not deserve what this dog did to her, but he deserves to fry in the electric chair and hopefully this man will get what he deserves.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
It turns out that the suspect was also a suspect in a burglary and assault in Marianna. While looking for a profile, LRPD detectives were communicating with other police departments. Marianna police pointed to Curtis Lavelle Vance. LRPD detectives obtained a DNA sample from him that matched forensic evidence gathered at the murder scene of the anchorwoman. That evidence could have been blood, sweat, hair...lots of things.

I'm unsure if capital punishment will be sought. It could because the murder occurred during a burglary. Lethal injection is the method now used. If that method is ruled unconstitutional the state's still working electric chair can be used for an execution.

It sounds like detectives have presented prosecutors with what is needed for a strong case.

Latest posts