Last newbie question I promise! Fenix LD20 VS Nitecore D20

gregoryh

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to be a pain guys. I can only buy one light. The question seems to center around the 2 above lights.. Please convince me which is the better all around light. to be used around the house and going to a returning from hunting and such. I know NOTHING about these lights. Please be patient. Any and all views appreciated and those I have already recieved have been helpful also. Just hate to buy and be unhappy with purchase. With so many choices that may be unavoidable!
I am leaning toward the Nitecore due to its simple UI.
Also which is the brightest? One uses lumens the other torch lumens.
Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Greg

Last edited:

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
Re: Last newbie question I promise!LD20VS D20

I'd get the LD10 for its pocketability for an all-around general use light. Sure the LD20 is brighter, but less comfy in the pocket

Marduke

Flashaholic

The LD10 and LD20 are actually the same exact light with a different battery tube. The only differences is the runtime (LD20 has more obviously), and the brightness on turbo. All the other modes are of identical brightness, and the operation is identical. That is because the heads are actually the same.

So, it's really just a matter of what size you want

BTW, you have "D20" in the title, which is a complete different light, so you might want to edit that to LD20 vs LD10.

gregoryh

Newly Enlightened

The LD10 and LD20 are actually the same exact light with a different battery tube. The only differences is the runtime (LD20 has more obviously), and the brightness on turbo. All the other modes are of identical brightness, and the operation is identical. That is because the heads are actually the same.

So, it's really just a matter of what size you want

BTW, you have "D20" in the title, which is a complete different light, so you might want to edit that to LD20 vs LD10.

Thanks Marduke,
My ignorance shows doesn't it? I have changed the title to reflect the true question. You guys have presented too many facts. I can't digest them all!
Greg Harrison

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast

D20 is slightly bigger, has smoother beam and less throw, simplier UI, lower low mode, clip, they're equally bright.

gregoryh

Newly Enlightened

D20 is slightly bigger, has smoother beam and less throw, simplier UI, lower low mode, clip, they're equally bright.

Phantom23,
So less throw ,equally bright would mean more spill? Being a newbie it takes a while to figure some things out.
THanks again
Greg