Newbie has 4 new lights coming.

Newly Enlightened
Gents,

So here is the deal. Although I'm into mechanical stuff (restoring a 65 mustang, customizing wristwatches) flashlights weren't high on my list of gadgets.

Years back I was a reserve cop and initially used a 3 C cell maglight, that was quickly replaced with a Streamlight Stinger XT. Couple that with a mini maglight that I kept in my car, a streamlight 4AA kept in the kitchen drawer, and a few oddballs collected over the years my flashlight collection had very few brightspots. (pun intended)

As my son got older he became enamored with the Stinger XT so I had the bright idea (pun not inteded) of getting him something equivalent for Christmas. This thought ended up as an Inova T4 rechargeable. After doing a little reading and ending up here it occured to me that I could use another cool light for me.

So I purchased 3. Soon to arrive will be a Fenix E01 for my keychain, a Fenix LD2 for my car (both purchased on the combo deal) and a Nitecore D10 GDP for working around the house etc. All are coming from fenix-store / 4sevens.

Looking forward to getting my lights and especially seeing my sons face when he gets his Inova, now he has is own "cop light".

Thanks for the info from my previous post and the coupon code which save me $10.00.

Talk to you all soon. :twothumbs

Last edited:

Fizz753

Newly Enlightened
Hello and welcome to CPF fellow Michigan type person. :) Some good choices for lights there. Keep getting tempted to pick up a Fenix E01 myself.

Last edited:

AardvarkSagus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes there are a couple of us Michiganders around, though I don't know who everyone is. Welcome and I hope you enjoy your new toys. I'm particularly fond of the Fenix and Nitecore lights.